Keyboard not working in laptop mode - Acer Aspire

2»

Answers

• @AndresBlancoma Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Putting a USB keyboard on should work well enough to start installing the drivers. Whenever you want to start a clean install on a laptop you should first download the drivers to a flash drive, so you can put any that Microsoft doesn't include on after the install. MS doesn't include a lot of stuff in their install image because it would get too big. Once you have the network up a few runs through driver updates should get you up, but it's faster to just install the drivers right away before going through the Windows update process.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    These windows driver updates are a mess
  • AndresBlancoma
    AndresBlancoma Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,
    I have an Acer Aspire 3   A315-41G-R0ZZ  laptop
    I tried All these tricks

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/fix-acer-aspire-laptop-keyboard-not-working.html#:~:text=Start%20or%20restart%20your%20Acer,to%20reinstall%20the%20keyboard%20drivers.

I reinstalled the PC. Try the tricks again.
    My keyboard still doesn't work. 

Do I have a useless laptop?
    I think I won't buy any other ACER.

Regards,
    Andres Blanco
  • @AndresBlancoma Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mohanasundaram
    mohanasundaram Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys! I'm new here and I hope to get an answer for my issue. My issue is the same with her, I already tried rebooting my pc, and reinstalling the ps/2 keyboard. (The driver keyboard) and also updated it, and it says that is is already in the latest version, however, the keyboard still doesn't work. The caps lock and the num lock also doesn't work, same with the f keys (f1 to f12) all the keys in my keyboard is not working, except for the power button. My laptop's model is Acer Aspire 3, A315-53-389V
    Hi also have this problem can you please tell how to diagonise this problem
  • manish97943767
    manish97943767 Member Posts: 2 New User
    do you guys get any solutions ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @manish97943767 as with the other people who have been camping out on this old thread, we ask that you ask your question in your own thread. This one is to confusing with different people having different models and asking different questions. Include your full model number, what's happening and what you've tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CHECK
    CHECK Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    thanks for the replies.  I had already tried the rebooting and sticky keys options, neither of which worked.

How do I find the keyboard drivers to uninstall them? I cant seem to find where they live in Windows 10 and searching drivers in the settings doesn't bring anything up.  I've done it on older windows platforms ok but just cant seem to find it in 10. cheers, Rachel
    It may be a hardware problem. There is a problem with the keyboard itself. You connect to an external keyboard to detect. If the external keyboard can be used, it means that the keyboard on the computer is broken.
  • fifo2002
    fifo2002 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hola a todos, soy nuevo...
    Tengo una Aspire A515-56T y mi teclado integrado en la laptop no funciona. Se ilumina pero no trabaja(la tecla de encendido si trabaja). 
    Ya he probado todos los trucos aqui publicados...
    Que mas puedo hacer...
    Saludos...
  • @fifo2002I suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Alisa0996
    Alisa0996 Member Posts: 1 New User

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to disable filter keys.

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-keyboard-not-typing-problem-in-windows-10-pc/

This discussion has been closed.