Can I charge my switch 5 from USB type C port? Plesase answer me.

myozawoo
myozawoo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi
Is switch 5 USB type C support for charging with power bank?

Answers

• myozawoo
    What is the full model number of your Acer Switch 5 laptop?
  • myozawoo
    myozawoo Member Posts: 3 New User
    SW512-52-5426
  • tautomer
    tautomer Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited November 2018
    Yes, but with a restriction that the input voltage must be within 12-19V according to Acer documents. 

That means you need a power bank that supports USB-PD and has the profiles like 12V, 14.5V and 15V, not the traditional ones.

Similar story to an aftermarket type c charger. You will need the ones support USB-PD and compatible profiles. For example, the 61W Apple USB-C will not work, because its USB-PD has only 9V 3A profile, while 29W Apple charger works at 14.5A 2A.
  • danieltan23
    danieltan23 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    tautomer said:
    Yes, but with a restriction that the input voltage must be within 12-19V according to Acer documents. 

That means you need a power bank that supports USB-PD and has the profiles like 12V, 14.5V and 15V, not the traditional ones.

Similar story to an aftermarket type c charger. You will need the ones support USB-PD and compatible profiles. For example, the 61W Apple USB-C will not work, because its USB-PD has only 9V 3A profile, while 29W Apple charger works at 14.5A 2A.
    hey could you share that document?
  • danieltan23
    danieltan23 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I wonder if acer itself can give better clarification. there seems to be a lot of varying experiences when you look at the various posts. It gonna be a bummer to spend 50-80 bucks to buy a powerbank and not have it charge