How do I fix my Bluetooth?

schmittycity
schmittycity Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire V3-372T.
I cannot get my bluetooth to connect to any device. The computer will pair, but when I click to connect, it gives me an error that the device cannot be connected to (power on device, device not available, something along these lines). 

I've tried uninstalling the bluetooth drivers and installing each of the three drivers available on the Acer drivers page for my machine. I tried a complete system restore. I tried restarting the bluetooth service. 

Is it possible that this is a problem caused by another driver?

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @schmittycity

Power Drain: Turn off the Laptop and unplug the charger. look at the back of your unit you can find a small pin hole. Put a paper clip in the pin hole and press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.

BIOS Default: Press the power button, as soon as you press the power button start pressing the F2 key repeatedly, so that you can see the BIOS page. In the BIOS page press F9 and press ENTER than press F10 and press ENTER. your unit will restart. 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @schmittycity

Power Drain: Turn off the Laptop and unplug the charger. look at the back of your unit you can find a small pin hole. Put a paper clip in the pin hole and press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.

BIOS Default: Press the power button, as soon as you press the power button start pressing the F2 key repeatedly, so that you can see the BIOS page. In the BIOS page press F9 and press ENTER than press F10 and press ENTER. your unit will restart. 

None of this worked. I've tried all three Bluetooth drivers from the acer sire (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6399?b=1&pn=NX.G7CAA.001). No luck.

This is getting frustrating.
  • Sugiama04467
    Sugiama04467 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an Acer Aspire V3-471G.

I cannot get my blue tooth to connect to any device. The computer will pair, but when I click to connect, it gives me an error that the device cannot be connected to (Device always on - off can't pair any device or device not available). 

I've tried uninstalling the blue tooth drivers and installing each of the three drivers available on the Acer drivers page for my machine. I tried a complete system restore. I tried restarting the blue tooth service and contact Acer Indonesia to get the solution (they bring my Laptop to the Acer service center) also, but didn't get a repair solution until they bring my laptop back to me.  

Thanks for your help.
  • schmittycity

Tinkerer

This is what I originally thought so I tried adding/removing a bunch of different related drivers (wireless/BT/Audio/etc.) and still have not solved this. I have had this issue with my Acer for over 2 years with no solution. I may end up replacing the Bluetooth component itself if I can find it for cheap; that may still not fix the issue though...

I really wish we could get some help on this. Every time I've posted this question I am told to uninstall the driver(s) (did that), reinstall the old drivers (cannot find old drivers anywhere) , do a clean install of windows (did that), remove the battery / hard reset (did that), change windows BT services (did that).

How can my laptop find and pair with Bluetooth devices but not connect with them? It makes literally no sense.