How do I fix my Acer Aspire A715-72G-71CT which black screens?

Options
owenlml
owenlml Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought one. I was happy with it until today. I turned it on and it was running fine. As I was doing my work, it just froze. I held down the power button for it to shut down. I tried turning it on again but it only shows a blacks screen. I observed the following:

1. After pressing the power button, the backlit keyboard is on;
2. After a few seconds, it would turn off. Then it would turn on again;
3. I left it on for just a few minutes but it just shows a black screen with the backlit keyboard on;
4. It won't show the Acer logo. Just a blackscreen during this time.

I tried connecting it to an external monitor but it's still the same result. What should I do?

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check the bottom of the laptop for a battery reset pinhole with a battery symbol next to it. If it exists, unplug the charger and gently insert a paper clip to disconnect the battery for about 10 seconds. Then plug the charger back in and try to start it up again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• owenlml
    owenlml Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Good day to you both! I'm happy to say that I'm thankful for your feedback. My laptop started up as if nothing happened. Thank you so much for the response 😁😁😁
  • JackE
    Options
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ashlanjld
    Ashlanjld Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Recently I bought acer aspire a715-72g-79r9 and I today when I was playing fortnite the battery was 2% and it was charging too and then it turns off and when I connect it to charger again its charger light don't light and I can't turn it on please help me. 
  • JackE
    Options
    First, with the charger unplugged, insert the paperclip into the battery reset pinhole again for about 10 seconds. The let the battery rest for about 15 mins. Then re-insert the charger plug. Don't worry it the battery charge LED doesn't come on right away. Let the laptop set for several hours with the charger plugged in. Don't try to turn it on until the LED turns on. If the LED does not come back on, the battery's internal charge controller has likely failed. I think something is wrong with this controller inside since you should have gotten a low battery warning at about 10% and a critical shutdown at about 5%, not 2%. You should not be playing heavy gaming loads unless the laptop is plugged in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ