Can I connect Acer Nitro 5 to two extended displays? hdmi is fine but the USB Type C doesnt work nei

petrkrulis
petrkrulis Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Can I connect Acer Nitro 5 to two extended displays? hdmi is fine but the USB Type C doesnt work neither with cable USB-C to Display port nor with the USB C to HDMI.tahnk you,regards,Pete

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @petrkrulis

How to connect a computer with USB-C port to an external display

What do I need to connect my computer to an external display using the USB-C port?

Some systems will use a USB-C or Thunderbolt™ 3 port to output video to an external display. Use the instructions below to configure your system to output video to an external display.

1. Locate a USB-C or Thunderbolt™ port on your system that supports video output. Please note that not all USB-C ports are able to carry a video signal. You will need to connect to a port that is labeled with one of the icons below.

2. Use a method below to connect your computer to the external display.
    • Use a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect directly to a USB-C port on a monitor
    • Use a USB-C to HDMI cable to connect to an HDMI port on an external display
    • Use a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter to connect from a USB-C port on the notebook, to a display port on an external display
  • Change the input on the external display to the connection type that you are using. On some Acer monitors, you will need to use the DP Alt setting when connecting with USB-C.
  • Right-click an empty area on the computer desktop screen, then click Display Settings. If you are using Windows 7, select Screen Resolution instead.
  • Click Multiple Displays, then select your desired display option.
  • Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    You actually need a external VGA hub since the C port is gen 1 and doesn't have a pcie connection to the main board.

If you do get an external hub keep in mind there will be a slight latency so that monitor might not be the best for FPS games.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Nitro5Canada
    Nitro5Canada Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks petrkrulis and Red-Sand. I have a related question. I have a Nitro 5 with 1 USB-C port and 3 USB-3.0 ports. Of the latter three, one is different; It has the "USB" logo beside it. Does that mean I can connect that port to an external display using a USB 3.0-to-HDMI adapter? I'm already using the HDMI to connect to a display. I'd like to add a second display. Many thanks.
  • JAYJAYJAY
    JAYJAYJAY Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks petrkrulis and Red-Sand. I have a related question. I have a Nitro 5 with 1 USB-C port and 3 USB-3.0 ports. Of the latter three, one is different; It has the "USB" logo beside it. Does that mean I can connect that port to an external display using a USB 3.0-to-HDMI adapter? I'm already using the HDMI to connect to a display. I'd like to add a second display. Many thanks.
    I have the same issue
  • Dino123
    Dino123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2019
    Me too. Any news? As I understand it there is no need to get a docking station to have those connections, as with some other pcs right? I think I read somewhere that with the mini slot on the Nitro, one can have several USB plugs to connect to the screens one needs.
  • KARANWADKAR
    KARANWADKAR Member Posts: 1 New User
    i just purchased USB C to HDMI connector but it doesn't work with acer nitro 5 2018 model . so don't waste your time and money .
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    For a usb C port to work as display port, double check the icon beside it. If it has just the USB icon, it is for USB only - such a port will not provide any display output.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045