Aspire V5 with a broken left hinge

mikeweinberg
mikeweinberg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Aspire V5-571PG has a broken left hinge. As of 2 days ago, when I open the computer without firmly pressing on the left corner, the computer will separate inches apart revealing all of the interior components as they bend and contort.  

It didn't just happen.  I first noticed a few years ago that the two pieces of the laptop at that corner separate when the computer opens. Until 2 days ago, the opening was less than 1/8", but still noticeable if you look, so I didn't let this worry me as the device performance wasn't impacted by this.  It never occurred to me that the problem could get worse until it did.  

Will Acer fix my computer, or will I have to buy a different brand computer?  I think I am done with Acer.  This computer has been trouble.  First it was the fan in the hard drive that went out, causing a howling noise when it is on.  I sent the computer back to Acer and they replaced the fan.  Acer broke the backlight on the keyboard while fixing the fan.  So I had to send the computer back for further repair.  I had to pay to ship the computer back to Acer for each repair.  Will Acer repair my computer (including free shipping) at no cost?  Are there any inexpensive solutions that I can implement without sending the computer to Acer?

Thanks.  

Answers

• imvarun23
    imvarun23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am also facing the same problem as I bought acer aspire a515 - 51g nine months ago and now the frame from the left side has broken .
    NOw its not possible to open the laptop as the 2 broken parts get separated whenever i open the laptop . I read on some other acer community thread that a lot of people are facing this problem with acer laptops . Its very important for me to get this problem corrected asap as i am a college student. So team acer i am waiting for your reply. please provide a free replacement of the frame as this a fault in the design of the laptop (Because a lot of people are facing this same problem). Waiting for a urgent reply.