Google Chrome problesms, not working propertly

DirtyMark
DirtyMark Member Posts: 2 New User
My system is Predator G3-710, Windows 10 64 bit. Even though I got this system back in January 2018, I've just now got it up and running.
Issue: I have a Chrome icon on my desktop. I have the Chrome icon attached to the task bar. When I click on and/or open to run Chrome, nothing shows on desktop. If I go to the icon on the taskbar, placing my pointer on it, shows the browser is up and running, but is not visible on the desktop. The more I click to open, the more browser windows appear to be opening, but none are visible on the desktop.
1) I have read the postings on Google Chrome not working. None of the advice has helped
2) I have gone onto the Google help resources and honestly some of the advice they ( individuals/ techs) have given has been so far over my head, I dare not try out of fear of messing something up worst than what it is. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty there for me to try ( install, uninstall, google alternate installer, turn my McAfee Live Safe firewall off ). But even some of the responses from those seeking help, acknowledge that allot of those suggestions did not work, at least on a permanent basis.  
3) Next step, I uninstalled Chrome and installed Canary Chrome. The first time this happen, Canary Chrome did show up on the desktop. I was able to browse the internet, etc... I closed the browser thinking the problem was taken care of, to find the next day when I got back on the computer, the problem has returned. Canary Chrome will not show up on my desktop. Now Canary Chrome problem even goes to the taskbar. As I mention earlier about being able to see that Chrome was opening browser windows, just wasn't showing on the desk top, Canary did not do this. Note: Whether it makes a difference of not, I'm one of those who believes in leaving his computer running 24/7 causes less wear than turning on & off for each use.

I have four other computers I work off of. 2 work computers and 2 home computers. The two work computers are Dell with Windows 10 64 bit on them, one laptop and one desktop. I have Chrome on both of them and it works fine. My two home computers and also Dells. A Dell Inspiron 530 and a XPS 8900, both have Windows 10, the 530 is 32 bit and the 8900 is 64 bit. I have Chrome on the 530 and Canary on 8900. No problems on either. Personally I feel the problem lies in ACER Predator system set up. Something about how the system and/or some of the applications pre-installed on my Predator. Since I have 4 other computers where Chrome and Canary are working fine, it is odd that they can not work properly on this system. The worst part about it, I'm sure it is just a minor adjustment!

Any ideas, help I would appreciate it. Thanks for listening/ reading.

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @DirtyMark,

Since you tried all the TS. i think the unit is routing through a proxi. Try to do a reset on the unit and the install the chrome. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    Answer ✓
    Hi @DirtyMark,

Since you tried all the TS. i think the unit is routing through a proxi. Try to do a reset on the unit and the install the chrome. 
  • DirtyMark
    DirtyMark Member Posts: 2 New User
    Christy1

Thank you for your response. I have good news. I had a windows update get uploaded to my computers today and apparently the fix was in there. I am opening, closing, surfing, everything as before with my Canary Chrome. I apologize to the ACER company for any negative implication I may have suggested in my posting. I am back on track with enjoying my new system and Chrome! ;) 
  • christy1
    Really happy that the issue is been fixed. Thats the core more than anything else. Enjoy your browsing. Good luck. 
  • Nixb
    Nixb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just purchased 2 new Acer laptops. Loaded Chrome on both laptops. Now, on both systems, it takes 5, 10, sometimes 20 attempts before Chrome will open up. This is an Acer problem. I knew i should have purchased HP this time.