Can i install this ssd in my laptop and still keep my hdd inside? If yes then please walk me.....

AmanS
AmanS Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
through the steps on how to do that.The ssd that i can afford is this https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01M9B2VB7/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza  
My Specs:-
Acer Nitro AN515-51
Intel i5-7300hq 2.5 GHz
GTX 1050ti 4gb
Ram is 8 gb 
Part Number: NH.Q2QSI.002

Answers

• This model supports both ssd m2 2280 sata 3 and nvme! However to make sure what nvme generation it supports, use hwinfo:

The nvme is better for being faster! But for an average user, it will not make much difference!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AmanS
    AmanS Member Posts: 4 New User
    This model supports both ssd m2 2280 sata 3 and nvme! However to make sure what nvme generation it supports, use hwinfo:

The nvme is better for being faster! But for an average user, it will not make much difference!
    How do i use HWiNFO to find compatibility for ssd exactly? Thanks in advance
  • This photo is just an example:

You should find a port x2 or x4:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • However for an average user, the ssd you chose should work on your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer