Second slot for SSD in Swift 3 sf314-52g

Alex002
Alex002 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi. Wanna buy Swift sf314-52g. Does one of this models has second ssd slot?
SF314-52G-59Y1
SF314-52G-5406
SF314-52G-87DE
SF314-52G-89YH
SF314-52G-88KZ
Thanks for help

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    It does not have a second slot m2! However you can replace ssd with a gen3x4 nvme:

But confirm this using hwinfo:

You can also add a 2.5 "ssd if your notebook came with the hd sata cable!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Alex002 
    The above models does not have and option to install second SSD. The second M.2 slot has the wireless card installed in it.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Hi @Alex002
    It looks like this model has two M.2 slots for SSD, one near the battery and the other one is near the fan, one of them being PCIe/NVMe.

• Joekristan
    Joekristan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi https://community.acer.com/en/profile/brummyfan2 This looks just like my swift sf314-52g-77na. So if I install a PCIe M2 card it will automatically detect it and work?
  • Hi https://community.acer.com/en/profile/brummyfan2 This looks just like my swift sf314-52g-77na. So if I install a PCIe M2 card it will automatically detect it and work?
    Hi,
    Yes, it's compatible with PCIe SSD.
  • Alex002

Tinkerer

edited September 2018
    Hi.
    This is cheapest available model for me  with 256Gb SSD    Swift 3 SF314-54G-5797, NX.GY0ER.001
    Can i add second m2  512Gb?
    Thanks for all your help.
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @Alex002

Yes. You can add either a 2.5" HDD or SSD 
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    It does not have a second slot m2! However you can replace ssd with a gen3x4 nvme:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alex002

Tinkerer

TECH_MAN said:
    Hi @Alex002

Yes. You can add either a 2.5" HDD or SSD 
    Thats good. But i was told this model maybe come without sata cable. Can i buy it and connect 2.5 ssd by myself?
  • Michaelviper
    Michaelviper Member Posts: 2 New User

I know this thread is old but the 1st image with the Storage Subsystem and Solid state drive breakdown where did you find that detailed information, I’ve been looking for something like that for a while now? Thanks in advance.