Switch Alpha 12. Is there any solution to pen jitter problem yet?

Forthright
Forthright Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So, last month Microsoft made an update that (partially?) solved similar problem for Surface Pro. But my Acer Pen still draws wobbly diagonal lines. Some people were saying that this problem is mostly hardware, but wobbliness of lines depends on pen tilt and fully disappears when stylus is being held perpendicularly to the screen, just like it was with Surface. Therefore, shouldn't it be a software issue, and if it is, is there any way to fix it? (I think it applies to all Alpha 12 devices, but anyway, my model is SA5-217).

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Hi @Forthright,

Try the below steps.

Hold the pen close to the display and double-click on the lower button on the pen to launch Acer Hover. This allows you to quickly launch Acer Screen Grasp, Microsoft OneNote, Windows Journal, Microsoft Sticky Note or Microsoft Fresh Paint.

The Acer Active Pen has three modes:

• Sleep mode: Acer Active Pen is waiting for either a button to be pushed or the tip to be touched.
    • Hover mode: Acer Active Pen is on, but not touching a surface.
    • Touch mode: Acer Active Pen tip is touching a surface.
    • Go to Device Manager, expand Human Interface devices, scroll down to HID-compliant pen and check the driver. Also you could check the settings for Pen and Windows ink, go to Start, settings, Devices and click Pen & Windows ink. 
      If its not working then uninstall the pen and restart the computer.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)