EasyStore Issues

ellford
ellford Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an old Acer EasyStore NAS box and recently it's dropped off my network and I cannot connect to it.

No drive lights come on when the unit boots up.
The network port on the back is green and amber and on the front of the unit the network light is on, indicating it's "on" the network.
My Asus router shows it on the list of connected devices under IP 192.168.50.36 (my range on my router is (192.168.50.1 - I'm wondering if this might be the issue, even though it's worked fine before)
The front Hard Drive light is on (blue).
The front I light blinks blue.

I've pulled all drives out of the unit except for the first drive with the server O/S on it and the same thing happens.

I've tried doing a server restore by using the paperclip as referenced in the manual, but the software gives me an error saying "cannot find server" and exits.

Acer indicates using a USB diagnostic utility called ANNIE.GHO, which they don't publish for downloading anywhere (lovely).  

I'm completely at my wits end with this thing.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Best Answer

• ellford

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    FYI thanks to the great help and support here, I was able to solve all of this.

Main hard drive failed with the O/S
    Installed Windows Home Server 2011 on a new HD
    Backed up DATA hard drives using imaging software
    Recovered all of my data

Love to tell you how I did it, but it took weeks of work trying to piece together snippets from about a dozen forums.

Whew!

Answers

• ellford

Tinkerer

So nobody has any ideas?

I now think the Windows Home Server OS is corrupted on the main drive, as I took the drives out and stuck them into my PC to attempt booting to see what's going on.  I get to the Windows Home Server loading screen and then it flashes quickly to a blue screen and restarts.  I'm not sure how to go about fixing this as I need that main drive to work in order to use the Acer Server Recovery Disk.
  • ellford

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    FYI thanks to the great help and support here, I was able to solve all of this.

Main hard drive failed with the O/S
    Installed Windows Home Server 2011 on a new HD
    Backed up DATA hard drives using imaging software
    Recovered all of my data

Love to tell you how I did it, but it took weeks of work trying to piece together snippets from about a dozen forums.

Whew!