Acer E5-576-392H Boot up time

CM07
CM07 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought this laptop for my mom 2 months ago.
windows 10 is up to date, and every time i boot up the laptop, the Acer logo is shown for 1 minutes and 10 seconds
it has been doing this since day 1, then windows 10 takes another 2 minutes to load up.
i entered the BIOS and I didnt see any option for fast booting.
is this the normal behavior on this acer models?

would a clean windows 10 installation fix the problem?
do i need to send it back for repair?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    CM07 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    >>Identify slow-boot up times
    Hold down the windows key on your keyboard and press R. This will bring up the Run menu:
    Type in Eventvwr.msc and click OK. Expand the following folders: Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Performance and Operational. Watch for an event ID called 100. The 101 IDs then show you which applications slow down your computer. 
    This time, type in msconfig, hit Enter, and go to the Startup tab. Now you can uncheck items or go to Task Manager and right-click on an item to disable it.
    >>>Disable Fast Startup 
    It works in a similar manner as Hibernation. But in fact, as many users reported, it’s been causing issues.
    Type power option in the search box from Start, then click Power & Sleep settings. Click Choose what the power button does.
    Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Untick Turn on fast startup (recommended). Then Click Save Changes.
    Reboot your Windows 10 and check to see if it boots quickly.
    >>>To disable all the other programs and 'helpers' apps that start with Windows, press Windows+R, type msconfig and click Ok. Select the Services tab, tick ‘Hide all Microsoft services' and see what's left.
    >>>Stop programs loading at startup
    Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del keys simultaneously to invoke Task Manager.
    Then select the Startup tab and find out the unnecessary process with high startup impact and then hit Disable button.
    After that, switch to the Services tab and click Open services. Select all unnecessary Microsoft services you want to disable and click on Stop.
    >> Check the current BIOS version. Press Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane. Look at the “BIOS Version/Date” field.
    There are BIOS updates listed in Acer support page released to enhance the performance of the laptop. You need to download, extract and run the application file to update BIOS. Please keep the charger plugged in during BIOS update. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution. Here's the weblink :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • AlDusty
    AlDusty Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharanji said:

About the bloatware can I just factory reset the laptop to get rid of them and possibly have the laptop run faster? Before use