can I find Aspire VX5-591G camera driver for download?

vincentgmd
vincentgmd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i fresh installed windows and now the camera wont show as an imaging device but under universal serial bus devices as HD Webcam 
I checked privacy settings 
I uninstalled the and reinstalled the driver
and i searched for the driver on the official Acer site to no avail

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    vincentgmd 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    >>Update your webcam driver
    Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.In the Device Manager, locate your webcam on the list 
    and choose Update driver. Now choose Browse my computer for driver software. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on 
    my computer. Left click or tap on the USB Video device. Left click or tap on the Next button you have in the lower side of the 
    window. From here you need to follow the instructions you have on the screen and finish the driver update of your webcam

>>Make sure that apps are allowed to use your webcam
    You need to check your privacy settings by doing the following:
    Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by pressing Windows Key + I shortcut.
    When Settings app opens, go to Privacy section.
    In the left pane, choose Camera. Now make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware option is checked. If the problem appears only with a specific app, check the Choose apps that can use your camera list and make sure that the camera is enabled for that app.
    After changing this setting, your apps should be able to access your webcam without any problems.

>>Disable all USB hubs
    Open Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
    Now locate USB Root Hub, right click it and choose Disable from the menu.
    A confirmation dialog will now appear. Click Yes to disable the device.
    Repeat last two steps for all available USB hubs. Keep in mind that by disabling USB hubs you’ll cause other USB devices, including your mouse and keyboard to temporarily stop working.
    After disabling all USB hubs, restart your PC.
    Once your PC restarts, go back to Device Manager and enable all USB hubs.
    After doing that, your webcam should start working again.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    vincentgmd 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.In the Device Manager, locate your webcam on the list 
    and choose Update driver. Now choose Browse my computer for driver software. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on 
    my computer. Left click or tap on the USB Video device. Left click or tap on the Next button you have in the lower side of the 
    window. From here you need to follow the instructions you have on the screen and finish the driver update of your webcam

>>Make sure that apps are allowed to use your webcam
    You need to check your privacy settings by doing the following:
    Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by pressing Windows Key + I shortcut.
    When Settings app opens, go to Privacy section.
    In the left pane, choose Camera. Now make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware option is checked. If the problem appears only with a specific app, check the Choose apps that can use your camera list and make sure that the camera is enabled for that app.
    After changing this setting, your apps should be able to access your webcam without any problems.

>>Disable all USB hubs
    Open Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
    Now locate USB Root Hub, right click it and choose Disable from the menu.
    A confirmation dialog will now appear. Click Yes to disable the device.
    Repeat last two steps for all available USB hubs. Keep in mind that by disabling USB hubs you’ll cause other USB devices, including your mouse and keyboard to temporarily stop working.
    After disabling all USB hubs, restart your PC.
    Once your PC restarts, go back to Device Manager and enable all USB hubs.
    After doing that, your webcam should start working again.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • vincentgmd
    vincentgmd Member Posts: 2 New User
    just doing the first step

solved it, thanks a lot!