ACER Aspire E17 E5-774G-74DM SSD Slot M2

Options
stef444
stef444 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi guys!! =)
I would like to install the following SDD: "Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA M.2" ----> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B078WQVX9B/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
My laptop is Acer Aspire E17 E5-774G-74DM. Has he a slot M2?
Is there a maximum memory dimension of the SSD?

Is this slot M2?

Sorry for my bad english!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This model supports both the ssd m2 2280 pcie gen3x2 and the ssd m2 2280 sata 3 in the same slot, so the chipset in your notebook accepts the speed of both ssd's on this port!
    You've made a great choice by opting for the evo 860!
    Yes, the red highlighted door, is the connection port of ssd m2 2280!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install up to 256GB of your intended SATA M.2 SSD(Samsung 860 Evo), that's the M.2 slot by the side of memory modules.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Your model certainly supports m2 2280 sata 3! With regards to nvme, it looks like it supports ssd m2 2280 gen3x2! However I'm not sure of that, because the current link width is being shown as non-negotiable!
    I would buy a sata 3, since, it is almost certain that it will work on your model!
    Here is a list of supported models:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,757 Pathfinder
    Options
    @stef444

Storage 
    Card reader:
    Supports Secure Digital™ (SD) Card v1.0 / v1.1 / v2.0 / v3.0 UHS-I
    Supports SDHC / SDXC /MSXC
    32GB maximum capacity (for SDHC only) / 2TB maximum capacity (for SDXC & MSXC only)
    Hard disk drive:
    1 TB / 500 GB 2.5-inch 5400 RPM hybrid hard drive with 8 GB Flash memory
    500 GB / 1 TB / 2 TB 2.5-inch 5400 RPM
    Solid state drive: 128 GB / 256 GB (SATA) 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • stef444
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install up to 256GB of your intended SATA M.2 SSD(Samsung 860 Evo), that's the M.2 slot by the side of memory modules.
    Thanks a lot brummyfan2! :):+1:  Are you sure? A technician in acer live chat told me that my pc has no M2 slot.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can open the ram memory yourself and check! You do not lose the warranty by doing this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    Options
    stef444 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot brummyfan2! :):+1:  Are you sure? A technician in acer live chat told me that my pc has no M2 slot.

You are welcome :)  F is the M.2 SSD in the snip below.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Dear @brummyfan, is it proven that this model actually supports NVVME? For I am in doubt as to the current link width!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi @egydiocoelho
    It looks like NVMe capable as it has maximum link width value 2x, "Not negotiated" means there's no drive in the slot at the moment, but saying that, I haven't seen anyone installed a NVMe SSD in this model, I have suggested to two members in the past but they didn't report the outcome.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/502800/acer-e5-774g-71e4-ssd-upgrade
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/539691/acer-e5-774g-582t-ssd-upgrade
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yes, I know that! However on some models, even hwinfo showing that the notebook is compatible with nvme, when the user buys ssd, bios simply does not detect the ssd gen3x2 or gen3x4!
    I know this depends on the chipset that controls the port of ssd m2, since most only support either nvme or sata 3!
    That's why I asked you!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• stef444
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the answers guys!  =)=)=)=)
    Concluding I've thought to buy the following product: "Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA M.2".  
    (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B078WQC2GQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_2?smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&th=1) 

egydiocoelho said:
    Your model certainly supports m2 2280 sata 3! With regards to nvme, it looks like it supports ssd m2 2280 gen3x2! However I'm not sure of that, because the current link width is being shown as non-negotiable!
    I would buy a sata 3, since, it is almost certain that it will work on your model!
    Here is a list of supported models:

What do you think? Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA M.2 is it ok?
    What do you mean by sata 3? However the model Samsung in the list are out of business. 

I have checked in the PC. Is that in red the SLOT M2?

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Yes, you don't have to remove the back cover to access the M.2 slot.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This model supports both the ssd m2 2280 pcie gen3x2 and the ssd m2 2280 sata 3 in the same slot, so the chipset in your notebook accepts the speed of both ssd's on this port!
    You've made a great choice by opting for the evo 860!
    Yes, the red highlighted door, is the connection port of ssd m2 2280!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.