HELP!! the numbers when used in programs such as 'paint' are coming up with a symbol instead??

scottyleisa
scottyleisa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I am trying to put text onto a photo in paint or paint 3d, the numbers are coming up as a symbol.

Answers

• scottyleisa 
    You probably have inadvertently gotten your OS to use a different language interpretation of the keyboard.
    My first guess would be to check NumLock and Scroll Lock. If that wasn't it, I would make sure your computer is not set for the wrong region. 

Please try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps.
    Click Start button>Control Panel>Clock, Language, and Region> Region and Language.
    Click the Location tab, select your location from the list, and then click OK.
    Sometimes you just need to toggle it on and off. Sometimes you need to remove all but your keyboard layout (for example, if you have both US and UK).

>>>Uninstall the keyboard driver. Right-click the Start button, then click Device Manager. Expand Keyboards then right-click Standard PS/2 Keyboard and click Uninstall. When prompted to confirm, click OK. Restart your computer after the uninstall. The windows automatically detects and reinstall the driver on its own.

>>>If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

>>>You could try installing another language/country and keyboard layout to see if your keyboard layout files became corrupted

>>>This could also happen on windows when your Sticky Keys are off. Turn them on so you can use your right Shift key and other keys in combination with other keyboard keys. to do that: press the shift key 5 times

>>>The Sticky Keys feature, besides, Toggle Keys and Filter Keys, make your keyboard easier to type. However, sometimes they make trouble. Your Shift key stops working is the one. 
    On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and I to invoke the Settings window.
    Click Ease of Access. Select Keyboard on the left pane. Then make sure the status of Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys and Filter Keys are all set to Off. If there is any one set to On, switch it to Off instead. Press the Shift key on your keyboard to see if it work.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!