HussenIsam Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi 
First ..
My Predator Specs  ^^ 
Helios 300  (PH315-51)
I7-8750H
Nvidia GTX 1060 

The Problem Is That the CPU is Always At High Speed Even When Idle  3-5 % usage  Stuck At 3.8 to 4.01 GHz 
I Have Tried To Disable Fast Startup and  Setting The minimum Processor State To 5% And The Maximum To 100% From The Advanced Power Settings 
Please Help My Stop This Because It's Very annoying   

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    It would work perfectly fine but the main purpose of the throttlestop setup is to utilize 128 speed shift epp in order to lessen your parked CPU clock speeds.

For your i7-8750H you can instead set an undervolt value of -0.140 on CPU core & cache (make sure the values match!).

If you find 128 speed shift epp lessens your CPUs max clock speed or changes your parked values too much then you can slowly lower it until it fits your needs.
    For example start at 128 then if you want more power then go to 125, 120, 115 etc.

FYI: Speed shift at 80 is the same performance as normal so a value between 80 and 128 would be good testing points.
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• jocosoljobel
    jocosoljobel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Please try setting your Power Options to Balanced, right-click your battery icon in the tray icons.
    Then set your Power Mode to 'Better Performance' even when plugged in, you can do that by clicking (left-click) your battery icon in the tray icons.
    Hope this helps.

• Red-Sand
    edited September 2018
    Do you have throttlestop installed?

The clock speeds being shown arent actually what they are running at, simply their current state for when a process does pop up.

If you have throttlestop you can see the FID state of each cpu and that gives you a better determination for actual clock speeds.

You can also use throttlestop and set speed shift epp to lower those "ready" clock speeds by setting speed shift epp to 100.

Either way your CPU is fine and it won't result in any increased temps etc.
    - Hotel Hero
  • HussenIsam
    Red-Sand said:

The clock speeds being shown arent actually what they are running at, simply their current state for when a process does pop up.

If you have throttlestop you can see the FID state of each cpu and that gives you a better determination for actual clock speeds.

You can also use throttlestop and set speed shift epp to lower those "ready" clock speeds by setting speed shift epp to 100.

I don't have This software Installed
    maybe XTU  is the Cause ??  
  • Do you have msi afterburner installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand said:

XTU and MSI Afterburner do not cause this.

This is simply the CPU being set to a high performance state and the clocks shown are the "ready" clock speeds, not actual clock speeds.

I asked if you had throttlestop because there is a feature called Speed Shift EPP that can do what your describing.

Can you show me your minimum processor state in windows power menu?
    - Hotel Hero
  • HussenIsam
    Do you have msi afterburner installed?
    No ^^
  • HussenIsam
    edited September 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    Red-Sand said:

XTU and MSI Afterburner do not cause this.

This is simply the CPU being set to a high performance state and the clocks shown are the "ready" clock speeds, not actual clock speeds.

I asked if you had throttlestop because there is a feature called Speed Shift EPP that can do what your describing.

Can you show me your minimum processor state in windows power menu?

• HussenIsam
    sorry  Here It is 
  • When you put in balanced mode or energy saving, is the problem solved?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    edited September 2018
    While I do not believe there is anything wrong with your unit, as I had described earlier the clocks shown are not the actual clock speeds being used but simply their "ready" values.. you can follow this video guide for throttlestop and it will correct this.

https://youtu.be/F1rs92CiYxU

Just so you know, I had to tweak my Helios 500 to run like yours is now, because having the ready clock speeds set high as you do actually gives better performance and quicker responsiveness when opening/running software. 
    - Hotel Hero
  • HussenIsam
    Thanks For the video But I have A different Model Is this values may not fit With Me  ????
  • Red-Sand
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    It would work perfectly fine but the main purpose of the throttlestop setup is to utilize 128 speed shift epp in order to lessen your parked CPU clock speeds.

For your i7-8750H you can instead set an undervolt value of -0.140 on CPU core & cache (make sure the values match!).

If you find 128 speed shift epp lessens your CPUs max clock speed or changes your parked values too much then you can slowly lower it until it fits your needs.
    For example start at 128 then if you want more power then go to 125, 120, 115 etc.

FYI: Speed shift at 80 is the same performance as normal so a value between 80 and 128 would be good testing points.
    - Hotel Hero
  • HussenIsam
    Thank you 
    The problem solved But I set The Values Just Like The Video And  Speed Shift To 127  _ UnderVolt Value of -125 On CPU and Cache 
  • Red-Sand
    edited September 2018
    Thank you 
    The problem solved But I set The Values Just Like The Video And  Speed Shift To 127  _ UnderVolt Value of -125 On CPU and Cache 

Good stuff.

Just so you know Ive tested the i7-8750H extensively and it allows an undervolt up to -0.140 on CPU core and cache without a performance difference (except maybe better).

As always when adjusting voltages, if you attempt to apply -0.140 simply disable throttlestops task schedule and then set the values you want. I dont forsee an issue but its best to be cautious when tinkering with the voltages of such an expensive machine.
    - Hotel Hero
  • HussenIsam
    Thanks   
    applied  -139.6  and Works Fine But I'am still facing A small Thermal issue  Maybe  I need A cooling pad 
  • Timo3008750
    Timo3008750 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi guys! Whats the FB channel of this community? I have got some performance questions about helios 300 ph317-52 i7-8750H 16gb 512ssd 144Hz 1060 GTX... My laptop isnt working fully on 3,9-4,1ghz because of 45w power throttle and I cant get it off. I benchmarked 1120 in Cinebench R15 CPU test. Cheaper ASUS laptop with same CPU/memory did 1285 score and its all 6 cores we're fully synced in HWMonitor all bench time.

I haven't gone through thermal pasting yet, but temperatures aren't that bad at the moment.

I'm not happy that my laptop isnt performing the way it is promised to work on side of the laptops package. FID states only reach 35 at max.... Should I just bring it back to shop?