AN515-52 Blue screen of death and stuck in loop

MaxGamer
MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Encountered with a BSOD with error code Process1_Initialisation_Failed. Then I check the startup repair log file and found out that bootres.dll is corrupted. I can't even use my windows recovery usb as there is not usb boot option.

Safe mode doesn't work and ran startup repair multiple times. Also tried to disable secure boot and then restart but no luck with that also

Please help.

Using AN515-52/i5-8300H/GTX1050/8+16 Optane.
Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is possible that the gpt partition has been corrupted, so hd is not shown! I will send you a manual on how to install windows 10 in gpt in uefi mode!
    The language does not matter, but to activate you must use the same email and password that you used for the first time when activating the notebook!
    you can also try buying a usb recovery media here: https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2018
    Try this in cmd as administrator, always giving enter in each command: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the hd number), list vol, sel vol x (x corresponds to volume uefi) and then assgin letter=V and give enter!
    Then type exit! Now insert these format commands V: /FS:FAT32 and then type bcdboot X:\windows /s V: /f UEFI (x refers to the system partition, if it is c, just replace x with c!
    Then restart your computer!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaxGamer
    edited September 2018
    Try this in cmd as administrator, always giving enter in each command: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the hd number), list vol, sel vol x (x corresponds to volume uefi) and then assgin letter=V and give enter!
    Then type exit! Now insert these format commands V: /FS:FAT32 and then type bcdboot X:\windows /s V: /f UEFI (x refers to the system partition, if it is c, just replace x with c!
    Then restart your computer!
    Thank you for your reply. Before doing that I want to ask you one thing more. The .DLL file which is corrupted is present in my recovery usb drive of the pc. So is there any way to replace the corrupted file in my HDD with the one present in my recovery usb drive?

Also somehow I managed to boot by usb and tried to reinstall windows using the drive but that too fails which is kinda strange.

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

• I do not think just replacing the .dll file will work! You should really do the above commands!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    edited September 2018
    I tried the commands but did not work and went into Blue screen again couple of times and now the system won't even boot from HDD. Check bios and saw that only USB drive is present in the boot sequence order and my laptop is only booting into WinRE when the drive is plugged in. 
    SrtTrail.txt shows Boot manager is corrupted.

• Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2018
    Right try this! When you turn on the notebook, press alt + f10 to enter the Acer recovery partition!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    Alt+F10 does nothing. Laptop always boots into WinRE and no reset option is working even with using a portable recovery drive.

• I followed these tips: https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-bootresdll-corrompido/6c5bbe1b-afdb-4348-8d8d-37652f90c375
    I followed these tips:
    It's in Portuguese, but just use google translate!
    When you performed the hint, upon restart it did not find the hd or gave some blue screen errors before!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    I followed these tips: https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-bootresdll-corrompido/6c5bbe1b-afdb-4348-8d8d-37652f90c375
    I followed these tips:
    It's in Portuguese, but just use google translate!
    When you performed the hint, upon restart it did not find the hd or gave some blue screen errors before!

I think I have come to a dead stop. Nothing seems to work now. Should I make a bootable USB using Microsoft Media Creation tool and try with that? Is it different than the recovery drive created by me using the tool inside windows?

• If you created a windows recovery drive, I would try before using it! If it still does not work, let me know so I can teach you how to install windows 10 using an iso from microsoft!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    edited September 2018
    If you created a windows recovery drive, I would try before using it! If it still does not work, let me know so I can teach you how to install windows 10 using an iso from microsoft!
    Yes I did create a recovery drive when the laptop was working perfectly fine. I did try to recover the PC multiple times with that but it always fails. I don't have any method left except use a W10 ISO.

Couple of concerns I have before using ISO:

1. There is no HDD  boot option in Bios, only USB is there. So would it create a problem after ISO is installed?
    2. Would I get any activation issues? Because the Windows is Single Language Home version. I activated it the first time with English, but I dont know whether I chose English (US) or English (UK). Now would that create a problem in activation if I choose wrong language in ISO creation?

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    It is possible that the gpt partition has been corrupted, so hd is not shown! I will send you a manual on how to install windows 10 in gpt in uefi mode!
    The language does not matter, but to activate you must use the same email and password that you used for the first time when activating the notebook!
    you can also try buying a usb recovery media here: https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    I never used a Microsoft account so I guess it will take the product key from the motherboard 

• There is no problem in that, because the installation automatically identifies your serial that is written to the bios and installs an equivalent version!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    I visited the local Acer Support center and was able to get the system back working again with a fresh Windows install from them.

I just need to enable Intel Optane to accelerate and install important Acer specific apps. Can you help me with that, it would be highly greatful!

• OK! Do the following:
    a) press windows + r and type msconfig; then go to System Boot and select Safe Boot and restart:

b) When the notebook restarts, press the f2 key before displaying the Acer logo so that you enter the bios; when in the bios, change the sata function to rst mode with optane:

c) doing this, when entering the windows again in safe mode, will not be shown a blue screen; then just uncheck the safe boot, to start windows normally:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    I did the steps in the bios but when I install the Intel Optane Software, it shows this error.  Also attaching my disk management screenshot.

• OK! I have seen that there is a disk with unoccupied memory!
    The steps that I'm going to tell you will format this hd! Is there anything important in it?
    You must access the disk manager, to do this, just follow the pictures! Although the images are in Portuguese, just follow them:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    That 13.41 GB disk is Intel Optane itself and not Hard disk.

• So just follow the tip I gave you above!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    Got the Optane working by reinstalling the Intel software. Thank you for your help all the way. 

I need some more help, my touchpad is not being detected as Precision Touchpad, and I don't know which driver to install Synaptics or ElanTech from Acer driver downloads.