stuck on Preparing Automatic Repairs loop - Acer Aspire switch 10

Options
redbart
redbart Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2019 in Switch Series
Hi there, newby here with zero experience.  My Acer Aspire switch 10 ( no clue which Win version ) is stuck on preparing Automatic screen

Try to reset device , but it fails constantly.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @redbart4

Hit "Esc" several times and check
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi redbart,

Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

Windows Automatic Repair loop

Fix 1. Refresh or Reset PC

Windows official solution to the endless 'Preparing Automatic Repair' loop is to directly refresh or reset the PC. This is how it said:

"Upon the 'Preparing automatic repair' window, press-and-hold Power button 3 times to forcefully shut down the machine. The system will enter boot repair page after 2-3 times of reboot, choose Troubleshoot, then go on to Refresh PC or Reset PC." 

refresh pc to fix windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

Fix 2. Disable early launch anti-malware protection

To fix "Windows 10 Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" loop, some users recommend to disable early launch anti-malware protection. You can do it using Command Prompt in Windows Boot Options menu which will appears after your computer restarts several times. Choose Troubleshoot Advanced Options > Startup Settings. Your computer should now restart and give you a list of options, here choose "Disable early launch anti-malware protection". Restart your PC and check if the issue has been resolved.

Windows Boot Options menu

Fix 3. Delete the problematic file

Other users said that"Windows 10 Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" loop attacked because certain files were corrupted. Now check if it is the issue.

1) In Windows Boot Options menu, choose "Troubleshoot Advanced Options > Command Prompt".

2) In the command line, type: C: cd Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt. SrtTrail.txt and press Enter button. 

Here, if you see something like this: Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\vsock.sys is corrupt, navigate to the specified location using the Command Prompt and enter Del command to delete the problematic file. 

Delete the problematic file to fix Windows Automatic Repair loop issue in Windows 10

Note: The file can vary in different situations, so you might need to navigate to a different folder and delete a different file in your case.  

These are some quick fixes that can help you get out of Windows Automatic Repair loop with the least efforts in Windows 10/8.1/8. And if they can not help, please try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Advanced fixes for Windows Automatic Repair loop issue in Windows 10/8.1/8

Method 1. Manually repair MBR and rebuild the BCD

If the MBR and Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store are missing, corrupted or not properly configured, Windows won't be able to start. So, to fix Windows Automatic Startup Repair boot issue caused by this reason, you can try to manually repair MBR and rebuild the BCD. To do it, in the Windows Boot Options menu, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt. When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it: 

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    bootrec.exe /fixboot

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • redbart
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @redbart4

Hit "Esc" several times and check
    Hi Jack22, Unfortunately no join . Any other suggestions? 

Btw : the Win is 8.1 
  • redbart
    Options
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi redbart,

Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

Windows Automatic Repair loop

Fix 1. Refresh or Reset PC

Windows official solution to the endless 'Preparing Automatic Repair' loop is to directly refresh or reset the PC. This is how it said:

"Upon the 'Preparing automatic repair' window, press-and-hold Power button 3 times to forcefully shut down the machine. The system will enter boot repair page after 2-3 times of reboot, choose Troubleshoot, then go on to Refresh PC or Reset PC." 

refresh pc to fix windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

Fix 2. Disable early launch anti-malware protection

To fix "Windows 10 Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" loop, some users recommend to disable early launch anti-malware protection. You can do it using Command Prompt in Windows Boot Options menu which will appears after your computer restarts several times. Choose Troubleshoot Advanced Options > Startup Settings. Your computer should now restart and give you a list of options, here choose "Disable early launch anti-malware protection". Restart your PC and check if the issue has been resolved.

Windows Boot Options menu

Fix 3. Delete the problematic file

Other users said that"Windows 10 Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" loop attacked because certain files were corrupted. Now check if it is the issue.

1) In Windows Boot Options menu, choose "Troubleshoot Advanced Options > Command Prompt".

2) In the command line, type: C: cd Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt. SrtTrail.txt and press Enter button. 

Here, if you see something like this: Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\vsock.sys is corrupt, navigate to the specified location using the Command Prompt and enter Del command to delete the problematic file. 

Delete the problematic file to fix Windows Automatic Repair loop issue in Windows 10

Note: The file can vary in different situations, so you might need to navigate to a different folder and delete a different file in your case.  

These are some quick fixes that can help you get out of Windows Automatic Repair loop with the least efforts in Windows 10/8.1/8. And if they can not help, please try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Advanced fixes for Windows Automatic Repair loop issue in Windows 10/8.1/8

Method 1. Manually repair MBR and rebuild the BCD

If the MBR and Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store are missing, corrupted or not properly configured, Windows won't be able to start. So, to fix Windows Automatic Startup Repair boot issue caused by this reason, you can try to manually repair MBR and rebuild the BCD. To do it, in the Windows Boot Options menu, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt. When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it: 

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    bootrec.exe /fixbootany 

• redbart
    Options
    Ok so I've tried all suggestions . Still ..no joy .    :'(

If anyone have suggestions , please post !  

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Press and hold the power button for at least 5seconds till the machine completely shuts off. Remove the charger. If your machine has an external battery pack, remove the pack for a few hours. If an internal battery pack, look on the bottom cover for a pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently push a paperclip into the hole for about 60 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then let the machine rest for a few hours.

Reinstall the external battery pack. Then plug the charger back in. Then turn the machine on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear similar to the earlier ones you saw. Then follow the directions below for re-setting the machine to a factory fresh state or refreshing the system while trying to save your personal files.  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4

Jack E/NJ

• tiwari5485
    tiwari5485 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Nop...nothing worked 😭
  • JackE
    Options
    So,tiwari5485 do you have the exact same model? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdlyZed
    AdlyZed Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    My Windows 8.1 Stuck In Automatic Repair Pls Help
  • JackE
    Options
    AdlyZed Do you have the exact same model? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdlyZed
    Options
    JackE,My win is 8.1 😊😊😊

• JackE
    Options
    AdlyZed Do you have the exact same model? SW5-012? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    AdlyZed>>>Umm i don't know....sorry>>>

Try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset again. Sometimes it needs to be run 2 or 3 times. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdlyZed
    Options
    JackE said:
    AdlyZed>>>Umm i don't know....sorry>>>

Try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset again. Sometimes it needs to be run 2 or 3 times. Jack E/NJ

It won't work🙁🙁🙁
  • JackE
    Options
    Turn machine off. Then turn it back on again and immediately tap the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. On the BIOS Main tab, enable the D2D recovery option. Then press F10 to save settings and exit. Then shut the machine off again and try the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JVokes
    JVokes Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello. I am having this same problem where my computer won’t load and these same options to restore my computer come up and I have tried all the trouble or shooting options and sticking the paper clip in battery hole, etc. In the command prompt, everything worked except the bootrec.exe/fix boot and that one came up as access denied.  All I really want to do is either get into my files or simply extract some personal files onto a USB. I don’t care about the imputes but I need the files. Any suggestions? 
  • JackE
    Options
    JVokes>>>Any suggestions?>>>

Yes. Start a separate thread and state your full ACER model number. The screen photo you posted is NOT the factory ALT+F10 cold boot recovery screen. You do not have an MBR partitioned HDD or SSD if you have a Switch 10. It is a GPT partitioned HDD or SSD. Accordingly, the instructions you seem to have followed won't work on your system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Scarzx1
    Scarzx1 Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

Options

Hi! After the message from Windows, I think it left the software and now I'm here. What do I do?
  • JackE
    Options
    Just click on the Exit tab and choose to exit without saving settings if you don't want to change anything. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Yakup
    Yakup Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options
    I found the solution please activate BIOS Fast Boot 💖💖💖