My Swift SF315-41G can't get out of extremely low CPU clocks after shutdown by low power.

Options
Dennis319
Dennis319 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Swift SF315-41G can't snap out of extremely low CPU clocks after a PC shutdown because of low power. If the PC's run out of power and I boot it up again then the clocks won't return to normal, until I have run a reboot and when the battery has charged a bit. It's not a laptop ruining bug, but it's pretty anoying. Anyone else have this issue or will I have to wait for a fix?

The CPU clocks are around 300mhz and Windows 10 64bit feels laggy as hell, while it's on. I tried once charging the PC to 100% while this was happening, but it only chanced back to normal clocks after af reboot. 300 mhz clocks were keept up till 100% with no change.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search "power". Edit power plan. Set to max or high performance power plan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dennis319
    Options
    I've tried that but that didn't help
  • JackE
    Options
    Go back to edit power plan. Click on advanced power settings. In the box that pops up make sure processor power management maximum is set to full tilt on both battery alone and plugged in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dennis319
    Options

It hasn't helped. Something I noticed is that the cores doesn't load up more than 20% when this is happening.

• Dennis319
    Options
    And as usual, a reboot fixes it.
  • JackE
    Options
    Well, yeah. Many settings won't take effect till a re-boot and often won't display a message indicating a re-boot is needed. And many system burps & hiccups can't be fixed til a cold re-boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ