Microphone not working, few weeks back it was working.Troubleshooter can't find any problems D16H1

Options
NH91
NH91 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have an Acer (model no. D16H1) with windows 10. Recently, my microphone stopped working. It was working before as I was using my laptop to make phone and skype call just a couple of weeks ago.
Troubleshooter can't find any problems. Any of the solutions I can find online are not helping. When I go to 'Sound' and to the 'Recording' tab as many websites suggest, I just see a note 'No audio devices are installed', and I can't do anything else in that tab.

I would appreciate it if you could help me get my microphone back to work as I desperately need it for work.

Nina

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check there is a driver with problems in the device manager and if it is, hit a photo of the error code!

You can try this too: go to settings, privacy, microphone and "choose which apps can access your microphone", select all!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NH91
    NH91 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    No, again it doesn't seem like there is a driver installed for the microphone:

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Try this:
    a) right click on the sound icon next to the clock; sounds; recording; microphone and click on use this device! Do the same thing in the stereo mix!
    b) If there is no device installed, use the driverbooster program so the program can search and update the drivers! No need to install the gaming programs or hard drive cleaning!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi NH91

1: Set Microphone as Default Device

To make your microphone work properly, you’ll need to set it as the default device. We’ve found this method to be successful for a lot of our users who are experiencing microphone problems.

Just follow the steps below:

1) Right-click the Speaker Icon at the bottom right corner. A context menu will pop up.

2) Click Recording devices on the pop-up menu.

3) In the Sound dialog box, click the Recording tab. If you see the Microphone is not the Default, click the Set Default button to set it to default.

Note: Your microphone might be listed as something other than “Microphone” and the icon might not resemble a Microphone like the picture below.

4) Click OK > Apply.

Method 2: Unmute Mocrophone and Increase the Volume

One possible reason that your microphone isn’t working could be that it’s either muted or set to low volume. 

To check if either is your problem:

1) Right-click the Speaker Icon at the bottom right corner. A context menu will pop up.

2) Click Recording devices on the pop-up menu.

3) In the Sound dialog box, click the Recording tab. Select the default microphone, and then click the Properties button.

4) Click the Levels tab. If your volume is muted, you will see the sound icon display like this: 6. In that case, click it to unmute the microphone. And make sure the volume is set to 50 or higher.

5) After resetting  your volume, click OK and Apply.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!