No option for change changing UEFI or legacy in boot menu in insydeH20 v1.04 aspire E1-571

JoshJoseph
JoshJoseph Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I don't have any option to change UEFI or legacy mode in my insydeH20 bios v1.04. I am using Acer aspire E1-571. Please help me in installing windows in UEFI mode.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi, 
    Did you enable the secure boot option? try it in boot options. Also try to set a supervisor password and make sure you remember it for your future. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • JoshJoseph
    There is no option for secure boot either. Do I have to upgrade my BIOS but there isn't any upgrade available on acer. I have set supervisor password too.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Hi,
    Can i know why you want to enable the legacy mode? do you want to boot from a usb.?
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • JoshJoseph
    I want to install an UEFI windows.
  • ConradVonMaur0156
    ConradVonMaur0156 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Good luck mate, same problem here, seems to me acer are selling defective products now a days, i should have bought a lenovo, biggest mistake i made this year 2019, never again acer never again. thats why i had my shop clean up all those acer products of our shelf what a full of ***** electronics.
  • JoshJoseph
    @ConradVonMaur0156 Finally I was able to solve my problem in the end by the help of @egydiocoelho. And Acer provides better products at a very descent rate so don't say such words about it.... It's only  happening with you so it's not our problem or Acer's .
  • Good thing I could help you @JoshJoseph =) 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Oyasumi
    Oyasumi Member Posts: 4 New User
    @egydiocoelho Hey, im just wondering how you fixed the problem the person had, about the " no secure boot, or no boot mode thing " shows up. I have the same problem on my BIOS but the version is different which is v1.11 ( no additional changes from v1.04, just abit more fixes ), and the reason is, I want to boot from usb Arch Linux ( i tried unetbootin, easybcd and etc. ) Thank you.
  • @OyasumiIdeally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CheeseMopz
    CheeseMopz Member Posts: 1 New User
    SOLUTION: Do not use USB flash drive for boot. Instead use an external HDD that has has USB port to hook up to your laptop and all your regular repair steps will work just fine. I have tried multiple USB flash/ thumb drives and have had no luck but as soon as i used an EXTERNAL HDD to USB drive with a copy of Windows it picked it up just fine. I hope this helps you guys! Take care!
  • Nnunia
    Nnunia Member Posts: 1 New User
    @egydiocoelho how do I create a new topic? Because I would like to know the same answer please. Thanks 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HelloFromThePast
    HelloFromThePast Member Posts: 1 New User
    Soap box time...
    TL;DR => No answer in my post; if you're right for time,  just scroll past. Sorry

@JoshJoseph WTF... did you really just ask the community for help, solve the problem, and then not bother to share the answer with the SAME COMMUNITY you were just asking for help. The main purpose of this type of Q&A forum is not to benefit the asker. The main purpose is to benefit the thousands of users who will inevitably come across your thread with a similar problem long after your problem is solved. This is why you post your solution!!

The real kicker is that you took the time to come back on here and let everyone know that you found a solution. It would have taken you an extra 30 to 60 seconds to type it out. But hey, at least you let us know that _you've_ found a solution. I mean,  that's who we're all here for, right?

It's been exactly two years since you started this thread. In that time, how many people do you think have come here with same issue and subsequently wasted five to ten minutes of their time reading through this entire thread only to find out that you couldn't be bothered to type out your solution while tying it up. I don't understand people sometimes...

@CheeseMopz Thank you for contributing. You are the yin to OP's yang. From what I can tell ,  you took the time to create an account  just to help  others  with a possible solution. Without generous members such as yourself, these communities simply wouldn't work. Seems like this was your only post, so you'll likely never see this message, but thanks anyway for being a decent human being.

Here's hoping that you both live out exactly the lives you deserve...   For Better or Worse!

To the mods. Sorry about the rant. I know this post isn't the most technically helpful that you've come across, but I do believe that it is relevant. Occasional admonishment of "un-neighborly" behavior only serves to make the community stronger. More importantly, I feel that it pushes the app that much closer to its primary goal, which is to save a lot of time for a lot of people (and for that I thank you. You are maybe the most selfless bunch of all!) 

And with that I'll climb down. Sorry about length. I rarely comment at all. I just couldn't let this one go...
  • MikeyXX
    MikeyXX Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks @HelloFromThePast. You are correct. I'm here for that solution.

@egydiocoelho, would you p,ease let us know how to fix? 
  • JoshJoseph
    Soap box time...
    TL;DR => No answer in my post; if you're right for time,  just scroll past. Sorry

@JoshJoseph WTF... did you really just ask the community for help, solve the problem, and then not bother to share the answer with the SAME COMMUNITY you were just asking for help. The main purpose of this type of Q&A forum is not to benefit the asker. The main purpose is to benefit the thousands of users who will inevitably come across your thread with a similar problem long after your problem is solved. This is why you post your solution!!

The real kicker is that you took the time to come back on here and let everyone know that you found a solution. It would have taken you an extra 30 to 60 seconds to type it out. But hey, at least you let us know that _you've_ found a solution. I mean,  that's who we're all here for, right?

It's been exactly two years since you started this thread. In that time, how many people do you think have come here with same issue and subsequently wasted five to ten minutes of their time reading through this entire thread only to find out that you couldn't be bothered to type out your solution while tying it up. I don't understand people sometimes...

@CheeseMopz Thank you for contributing. You are the yin to OP's yang. From what I can tell ,  you took the time to create an account  just to help  others  with a possible solution. Without generous members such as yourself, these communities simply wouldn't work. Seems like this was your only post, so you'll likely never see this message, but thanks anyway for being a decent human being.

Here's hoping that you both live out exactly the lives you deserve...   For Better or Worse!

To the mods. Sorry about the rant. I know this post isn't the most technically helpful that you've come across, but I do believe that it is relevant. Occasional admonishment of "un-neighborly" behavior only serves to make the community stronger. More importantly, I feel that it pushes the app that much closer to its primary goal, which is to save a lot of time for a lot of people (and for that I thank you. You are maybe the most selfless bunch of all!) 

And with that I'll climb down. Sorry about length. I rarely comment at all. I just couldn't let this one go...
    @HelloFromThePast I apologise for my behavior. @egydiocoelho  shared the solution over mail. He had me make some tweaks in the bios file which allowed me to install the bios easily on my Laptop. The mail was long time ago and I surely have misplaced the mail. And will share the solution here as soon as possible.
  • McGiant
    McGiant Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, @egydiocoelho please please share the solution.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer