Aspire Z3-605 Black screen.

Shlomi93
Shlomi93 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I've installed Corsair 120GB SSD and after that installed a clean windows 10, when I tried to install the AMD graphic driver the PC freeze and afterward could not boot windows because it was freezing on windows boot up Acer logo. I've tried multiple windows installation with different drivers but same result every time.
So eventually I've tried to update the bios and It seems that the process went well but after it was done, windows freeze again.
After the bios update the PC was able to restart and get into bios but now after multiple restarts all I get is black screen. no bios or anything else. I don't know if it's a bios failure because throughout the black screens the PC turned on and show Acer logo and booted 3 times but I don't know why it happened and how to do it again.
Tried to make a bios flash with USB flash drive with bios file renamed to RCVBOOT.CAP but still just black screen, no flash process appeared.
any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Shlomi93
    Answer ✓
    THE PROBLEM SOLVED BY REPLACING THE BIOS CHIP AND DEACTIVATE THE ATI GRAPHIC CARD THROUGH THE DRIVER MANAGER.

Answers

• Have you tried removing ssd to see if the computer boots normally?
    If it does not boot properly, you can try resetting Bios! To do this, remove the rtc battery and move the CMOS jumper to position 2-3 and leave it for a few hours!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shlomi93
    edited September 2018
    Have you tried removing ssd to see if the computer boots normally?
    If it does not boot properly, you can try resetting Bios! To do this, remove the rtc battery and move the CMOS jumper to position 2-3 and leave it for a few hours!

No, I returned the HDD and same thing. I will try the CMOS rest but I've tried that already but not in the same way that you said. I just took the CMOS battery and waited for 1-2 min like in any desktop PC and then placed the battery back.. why do I have to wait few hours for the rest ?
  • So that the bios is actually reset and to return to the factory settings!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shlomi93
    So that the bios is actually reset and to return to the factory settings!
    Ok, did that and now I'll wait, but just to be sure, 3 hours is good enough?
  • Should be enough yes!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shlomi93
    Should be enough yes!
    Ok, so did that and still the same situation. the PC sometimes turn on and sometimes not. I think that if I'm resting its power by taking the CMOS out + power cord out for 5 min then the PC turn on but once I shut it down, it will stay on black screen until the next power rest.
    I thought to flash bios again through USB flash drive but this time when the PC turned on, it didn't recognize any storage device even though the HDD and a USB flash drive were connected.
    Can I flash the bios through the existing BIOS ? something like EasyFlash or any thing else?
    any ideas ? 
  • When he calls, does he recognize any pendrive? Honestly I think it corrupted the bios! There is a recovery crisis but it is a risky and not recommended process!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shlomi93
    When he calls, does he recognize any pendrive? Honestly I think it corrupted the bios! There is a recovery crisis but it is a risky and not recommended process!
    Actually in the bios I didn't see the flash drive but windows booted with the "Please Wait" screen and from there I was able to get command prompt and tried to flash the bios using files from official Acer website. it didn't work because I have windows 10 and the bios files compatible with Windows 8.1 command prompt so I got an error in command prompt saying that. anyway, what I wanted to mention is that while I was in command prompt I was able to read and see files which were on the flash drive that I didn't see in the bios. meaning that the USB is recognized on windows but doesn't recognize in bios . pretty odd.
    Can you tell me how do I do a recovery crisis ?
  • Let me see if I got it! Is your computer now entering windows or is it just a black screen? Can you access the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shlomi93
    Let me see if I got it! Is your computer now entering windows or is it just a black screen? Can you access the bios?
    If I rest the bios with the jumper and then trying a few times power on and off then PC will boot up and will get into bios and even to windows but if I shut it down and try to turn on then black screen again and need to rest bios and keep trying until it will boot again.
    I've just flashed the bios again and same thing. this problem began after the bios update to P11.A2.
    I think P11.A2 from the site might be corrupted. do you know where I can get the P11.A1 so I could downgrade it?
  • I do not think the bios is in trouble! Have you checked whether, by disabling the quick startup in the power options of windows 10, the problem is solved? See if downloading the video drivers and the chipset from acer's site solves the problem! I'm pretty sure that the problem is a driver rather than a bios, because if the bios were corrupted, the computer would not turn on and would not boot windows, even if from time to time!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shlomi93
    I do not think the bios is in trouble! Have you checked whether, by disabling the quick startup in the power options of windows 10, the problem is solved? See if downloading the video drivers and the chipset from acer's site solves the problem! I'm pretty sure that the problem is a driver rather than a bios, because if the bios were corrupted, the computer would not turn on and would not boot windows, even if from time to time!
    There are no chipset drivers and this didn't solve it.
    It might be a hardware failure. do you have any idea where can I get Z3-605 schematic ?
  • When restarting the desktop, enter the bios and click on load setup defaults and click on save and exit setup, because, in this way, you will be correcting any bug of the previous version and test!There is a version p11.a3! You can try installing this version! Just click on everyone it will appear!After all, can you confirm the date of p11.a2 by pressing windows + r and typing msinfo32? Well, there is the version p11.a3 with a lower date!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shlomi93
    When restarting the desktop, enter the bios and click on load setup defaults and click on save and exit setup, because, in this way, you will be correcting any bug of the previous version and test!
    There is a version p11.a3! You can try installing this version! Just click on everyone it will appear!
    After all, can you confirm the date of p11.a2 by pressing windows + r and typing msinfo32? Well, there is the version p11.a3 with a lower date!
    Loading setup defaults doesn't help. but I'm curios, why does the A3 bios doesn't show in the "Latest" section ? 
    I will try in 2 weeks (very busy these days..) to update the bios to A3 and post here results.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    It is because p11.a2 has a date greater than p11.a3!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ETLN01
    ETLN01 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've been having the same issue as you when installing the AMD driver either through Windows Update or from AMD's website. The solution is to update the Intel driver to the newest version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28164/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499 . Once I did that I was able to run the AMD driver.

You may need to remove the Intel driver from uninstall programs if it won't let you upgrade as if you have the Acer driver from Windows 8.1 / 8.0 still installed you can't upgrade without removing first.

If you find that Windows 10 keeps installing the Acer driver through Windows update, download both the AMD and Intel drivers and disconnect your PC from the internet and install, that should stop Windows Update grabbing the driver before you have a chance to install the drivers.

• Altus53
    Altus53 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had an Acer Aspire Z3-605 running Windows 8. After i installed windows 10 i had encountered the black screen issue and locking up on boot etc.  After 3 nights after i had pulled all my hair out i finally had a fix, the issue was to clear the bios using the jumpers on the board(to at least get it to boot), and insert a bootable windows 8.1 on flash drive, everything runs smooth and video controller and radeon drivers installed without a problem.
    I read somewhere briefly that this computer(i3 version) does not get along with windows 10 at all!! Maybe the i5 version could run it.
  • Shlomi93
    Answer ✓
    THE PROBLEM SOLVED BY REPLACING THE BIOS CHIP AND DEACTIVATE THE ATI GRAPHIC CARD THROUGH THE DRIVER MANAGER.