Acer swift 1 SF113-31-P6EQ Cant boot from USB in bios, only 1 option exists...

rwt
rwt Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer swift 1 SF113-31-P6EQ
Only bootable option is currently "windows boot manager (DF4064).
https://gyazo.com/f9b4f7998428a485895917ceafe35fcc
https://gyazo.com/ab7314bb18e0fbe154c15b3a209df097
As you can see the boot mode is greyed out and i cant change it??
F12 says the same thing, there is only 1 boot option.
Tried supervisor password but still cant change the boot mode?

Answers

• rwt

Tinkerer

Just realised it is Windows 10 S, maybe that has something to do with it?
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Rwt 

Make a bootable USB Drive/CD that is acceptable/compatible to UEFI. 1st Option: Disable Safe boot and change Boot Mode to CSM/Legacy BIOS Mode. 1. Load BIOS Settings page ((Head to BIOS Setting on your PC/Laptop which differs from different brands

"Hit Like & Accept If its helpful"

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • rwt

Tinkerer

Tech_man
    The problem is that i cant chagen it to csm/legacy, the option is litterally grey and i cant hover over it. I have tried to disable and enable the safe boot but nothing really changes?
  • Try this my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TECH_MAN
    Hi Rwt 

create a supervisor password save and exit from BIOS and then try to change csm/legacy..

• rwt

Tinkerer

TECH_MAN
    Yep just tried it and the option is still grey, tried to manually boot from USB through serching in windows: advanced booting options then advanced start then the USB option and it said, https://gyazo.com/a87e16a572adb2e9fde4a422729978f3

• TECH_MAN
    Hi Rwt
    Do a Bios Default and then change 1st boot USB/DVD or FDD, Enable F12 Boot menu, 
    • Boot Mode. If you have a Boot Mode option listed, make sure Legacy Support is selected.

• Boot Option Filter. If you have a Boot Option Filter option listed, make sure you select Legacy too: UEFI and Legacy, Legacy First, Legacy Only

• rwt

Tinkerer

TECH_MAN
    Look at this picture: https://gyazo.com/ab7314bb18e0fbe154c15b3a209df097
    That is the only boot option i have, there is no USB/DVD or FDD
  • TECH_MAN
    Rwt,

Have you try for BIOS Default with F9 and F10 to save and exit and then check it.. 
  • rwt

Tinkerer

Yes i have :/
  • This is happening because you must convert the pendrive to gpt and format in fat32 just like in the file I sent you! Try activating the f12 boot mode function on bios and then press f10 to save when exiting! Then keep pressing f12 and see if the flash drive is shown!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • The bios of this model is locked in uefi mode! Even if you create a password in the set supervisor password, it will not enable legacy mode!
    You must convert the pendrive to gpt and format in fat32!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rwt

Tinkerer

I will try to follow your file and let you know what happens!
  • Ok my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rwt

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho
    I installed the iso version of windows but now that i listed disk i only have 1 disk, so i cant clean it?
  • Can you hit a photo for me to see?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Right! Have you ever formatted hd? Does the recovery partition of Acer still exist? If this partition still exists do not do step number 6! Just quit the command prompt! What you want is to install windows 10 pro is this?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rwt

Tinkerer

I want to be able to run linux from my usb, i have all my school work on linux mint 18.3 and that is why i want to boot from that usb.
  • rwt

Tinkerer

The picture i sent you was from step 2.