Aspire A315-41-R3RF - M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD not showing up in BIOS

Options
2»

Answers

• ICPline88
    ICPline88 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    You must press f2 to enter the bios and put ssd first in the boot section! You also test by pressing the f12 key when turning on the notebook, if f12 boot mode is enabled in bios!
    I think my problem is getting the boot selection tab in BIOS to let me select anything or move up and down as it states.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Create an easy password in the supervisor password set and disable secure boot! Then press f10 to save on exit! When you leave, go back into the bios and hit a photo of the information and boot section for me to see here!
    Try to access also using the f12 key! But for this you should enable f12 boot mode in bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • davewoodard89
    davewoodard89 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the same problem on my Acer Aspire A315-21-62u1.  The bios and Windows both do not recognize the NVMe drive whatsoever.!  I'm frustrated and don't know if bringing it into Geek Squad is worth it.  I might have to take a loss now and just use my 20gb RAM and 860 EVO ssd for fun.  But talk about a useless bios for not seeing the drive.  Shame on Acer!!!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    davewoodard89 Let me repeat what I said earlier in this thread. Your system only supports m.2 SATA3 speeds. While pcie nvme SSDs ***should*** be backward compatible with and recognised by your SATA3 capable system, some simply don't work and definitely NOT at nvme speeds. They should still be considered bleeding edge tech not worth the expense for a SATA3 buss.  If it were my machine, I'd return the nvme, particularly if its a 970, for a refund or exchange on a garden variety m.2 2280 SATA3 drive. Probably cheaper with more capacity and work as fast as your SATA3 system is capable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I agree with colleague JackE! The speed difference between a sata 3 and a nvme for a normal user, will be imperceptible! Except when you are transferring large files!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ishk30
    ishk30 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    i am also facing the same problem, does anyone got solution?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This model seems to accept only 2280 m2 sata 3!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the boot tab in bootmode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DanielT14
    DanielT14 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Tengo una duda, la aser a315-41 tiene la ranura para nvme y aun asi muchos recomiendan instalar un sata 3. si entrara en la ranura a pesar de ser ambas diferentes?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    No, as this thread says the A315-41 does not support an NVMe SSD in the M.2 slot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DanielT14
    Options
    ¿que puedo hacer si en la bios no me deja cambiar el orden de arranque?, ¿necesito actualizar la bios?
  • DanielT14
    Options
    otra pregunta, que formato debe tener el ssd para poder instalarle el SO, o se puede instalar sin la necesidad de un formato?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Establecer y guardar la contraseña de supervisor. El BIOS vuelve a ingresar con contraseña para cambiar el orden de arranque, deshabilitar el arranque seguro, etc. etc.
     Set and save supervisor password. The re-enter BIOS with password to change boot order, disable secure boot, etc

(2) SSD debe ser GPT particionado NTFS formateado.
    SSD must be GPT partitioned NTFS formatted.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ