Worth getting an xb321hk repaired for flicker issue?

cschupman
cschupman Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Has anyone has success with getting their XB321HK repaired for the flicker issue outlined here? https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/441879/xb321hk-weird-artifact/p2

Acer is offering to repair mine, but I don't think I've seen any comments from anyone who got a successful repair. I don't want to send it off for weeks if it's just going to come back with the same issue.  

If you've had a successful or unsuccessful repair on this monitor, I'd love to hear from you, thanks!

Best Answer

• RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    On original thread user "adamlreed93" tried to get his monitor repaired, actually at least 2 times. He wasted at least 2 months sending monitors back and forth.
    However, Acer was unable to fix his flickering (even when they claimed they gave him brand new replacements).
    Best they could manage is to flickering not appear with GSync off. However with GSync on it still did flicker sometimes.

Actually, various Acer reps kept claiming that monitor should be sent "for panel replacement" that will fix the problem ever since problem was first - reported (~2 years ago). Ever so often they claim that they've found something new and it will be fixed for sure this time.

However, nobody who actually tried it, had their monitor completely repaired of flickering. Last person tried it relatively recently (this spring I believe).

Answers

• cschupman 
    It should be worth getting an xb321hk repaired for flicker issue since they replace it with an updated LCD Panels for this model to correct the flickering issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    On original thread user "adamlreed93" tried to get his monitor repaired, actually at least 2 times. He wasted at least 2 months sending monitors back and forth.
    However, Acer was unable to fix his flickering (even when they claimed they gave him brand new replacements).
    Best they could manage is to flickering not appear with GSync off. However with GSync on it still did flicker sometimes.

Actually, various Acer reps kept claiming that monitor should be sent "for panel replacement" that will fix the problem ever since problem was first - reported (~2 years ago). Ever so often they claim that they've found something new and it will be fixed for sure this time.

However, nobody who actually tried it, had their monitor completely repaired of flickering. Last person tried it relatively recently (this spring I believe).