Can I use an Acer T232HL Abmjjz 23-Inch (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen Monitor with a Chromebox?

Fball
Fball Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Fball 
    IF there is a touchscreen monitor that includes both an HDMI input for video and a physical USB connection, it does not require any software drivers, then it should work. The Acer T232HL come with a video cable and and a separate USB cable for touchscreen activation.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Fball 
    IF there is a touchscreen monitor that includes both an HDMI input for video and a physical USB connection, it does not require any software drivers, then it should work. The Acer T232HL come with a video cable and and a separate USB cable for touchscreen activation.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Fball
    Awesome! Thanks so much. 
  • NaNouk
    NaNouk Member Posts: 2 New User
    I asked ACER Support (in France) last week, if it were possible to use the UT241Y (which is only certified for Win10) as a multi-touch display for the CXI3 and they answered "No".

So have you actually tried to plug your multitouch display on the chromebox and does it work as expected (gestures, ...)?
  • Fball
    I hooked the monitor to the chromebox with both hdmi and usb cables. I had a small issue with the touchscreen not working correctly, but that went away once I updated and restarted. I used an Asus Chromebox2-G096U Mini. The setup works great.

• NaNouk
    NaNouk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Actually, the ASUS Chromebox 2/3 seems to feature touchscreen support (it's advertised as is), while it's not mentioned for the CXI3. I will contact ASUS support to retrieve a list of compatible touchscreen displays.

Thank you for your answer anyway!