SSD or SSHD for my Predator Helios 300?

Mazie
Mazie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone,

What do you think is better: 2TB FireCuda SSHD or 1TB Samsung SSD? Is there a huge difference between them?
Laptop is the 2018 model and it already comes with 256GB NVMe SSD. Is it worth to add another SSD or SSHD will be fine?
Not really worried about their prices, I just wanna know if it's worth to sacrifice the storage for the extra SSD speed especially if it will make a big difference.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Mazie said:
    Hello everyone,

What do you think is better: 2TB FireCuda SSHD or 1TB Samsung SSD? Is there a huge difference between them?
    Laptop is the 2018 model and it already comes with 256GB NVMe SSD. Is it worth to add another SSD or SSHD will be fine?
    Not really worried about their prices, I just wanna know if it's worth to sacrifice the storage for the extra SSD speed especially if it will make a big difference.

Thoughts?
    Existing SSD will work for windows and some games (100 + 150 GB partitions for windows and games).
    Secondary can used with SSHD for other things like videos and such. If you feel you have data that needs faster disk, partition the secondary disk, and use the first partition for such activities. SSD for secondary is pretty much an overkill.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi Mazie, please find the information about the SSD and SSHD

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Mazie said:
    Hello everyone,

Thoughts?
    Existing SSD will work for windows and some games (100 + 150 GB partitions for windows and games).
    Secondary can used with SSHD for other things like videos and such. If you feel you have data that needs faster disk, partition the secondary disk, and use the first partition for such activities. SSD for secondary is pretty much an overkill.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045