Acer SW5-271 works only with an external monitor

Options
Liondude
Liondude Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a problem, the laptop only works with an external monitor.
The display does not work, the touchscreen works.
I tried rebooting the laptop, disconnecting the battery, updating the BIOS.

Earlier there was such a problem and it decided that the laptop was discharged and then turned on correctly. Now it does not help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    With a cold boot and the monitor NOT plugged in, do you get an ACER logo screen on its LCD? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Options
    Liondude 
    Try to press the Fn key and tap the E key, this would switches the display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) or both.
    The Fn + R key would turn the Turns off the LCD back light. 
    Check if the brightness of the screen is down to 0

You may also connect the external monitor, then reinstall the display adapter driver.
    If still no display on internal screen, it could be an internal cable connectivity issue or the screen.

If the issue persists, you may contact Acer support in your region and send in the device for warranty service.
    Acer Worldwide Support : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    Options
    Here you go. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Liondude
    Options
    JackE
    If I turn on the laptop without a LCD, then NOTHING will turn on.
    If I turn on the laptop with a LCD, then the monitor lights up the Acer logo and i can enter the BIOS.

Sharanji
    Doesnt work too :(
  • Liondude
    edited September 2018
    Options
    i mean without LCD the laptop turns on (i hear a welcome sound, can join to the network), but the LCD does not work.

• JackE
    Options
    Does your keyboard look like the image below. If it does, try pressing the FN+E keys to turn the LCD screen on. If not, please post and image of your keyboard and try pressing the FN+F5 keys to turn the LCD screen on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is also possible that the screen is switched only to the external monitor! Press the windows + p keys and select "computer screen only"!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If this does not work, there may be a problem with the ribbon cable or the monitor itself! When you put a flashlight next to the monitor, can you see the windows desktop?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Liondude
    Options
    JackE
    Yes i have same keyboard. FN+E and FN+R doesnt help me.

egydiocoelho
    There is no a Windows problem. The Windows didnt know about "second" LCD.
    Possible ribbon cable :(
  • JackE
    Options
    Probably if the LCD is not detected. Part # 50.L7FN1.010 . Or google "sw5-271" "video cable" with the quotes. Not expensive but accessing it will likely be a challenge. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• usadlo
    usadlo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had same issue severaI times.....you have to reinstall graphic driver......it helps in my case 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is the location of the cable lvds of this monitor!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer