Can't change brightness and contrast on the OSD. MAJOR light/color bleed, is this normal?

dicegamebaby
dicegamebaby Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I just bought my x27 and I'm having serious doubts about this purchase. First off I can't even change the brightness manually on the OSD because it has those options locked somehow. It won't allow me to hover over them in 'Picture' to adjust them. So now I'm stuck using eco mode just so my eyes don't burn when using at night. This is NOT okay for a $2000 monitor.

Another thing is what the HELL is up with this color bleed? Is my panel broken? Did I get one from a bad batch? When I use the OSD against a white background there is major colors emanating along the border of it onto the white background. I've included a photo. HELP!

Answers

• dicegamebaby 
    Are you using the same video cable shipped with your monitor. Please perform a Power reset and check the issue. Disconnect the power and data cable. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Reconnect the power cable to check the issue. Try the menu buttons.
    If you still have the same issue, please contact Acer support in your region to check for options to check the issue.
    Acer United States & Canada Support :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact 
    Acer Worldwide Support : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JM001
    JM001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did that help? I have the same issue with not being able to adjust the brightness or access the other menu options in the monitor menu.
  • Cipher
    Cipher Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the same issue. Can't change the brightness, contrast, or dark boost in the OSD.
  • dicegamebaby
    dicegamebaby Member Posts: 2 New User
    So the problem with my minitor was that it was in HDR mode. When it is in this mode it is impossible to adjust the brightness. When you take it off HDR mode from your windows settings the minitor allows you to go in and manually adjust the brightness from its OSD. The light bleed is also fixed when HDR is off. Hopes this helps.
  • Cipher

Tinkerer

That seems to be what I am seeing. I turned off HDR in windows settings, and then I am able to adjust the brightness and other settings in the OSD. This just doesn't seem right. I wonder if HDR will work in games with it turned off in Windows.
  • Cipher

Tinkerer

So with HDR in Windows turned off. I launched Destiny 2 (a HDR enabled game). In the game HDR was enabled, and checking the OSD... the brightness and other options were disabled. Quitting the game going back out to the desktop, the OSD options were enabled again. So yeah, totally appears with HDR enabled the brightness and stuff in the OSD is disabled. I wish we could get an explanation for this behavior.
  • Cipher

Tinkerer

Found this just quick googling. 
    https://www.benq.com/en-ap/support/downloads-faq/faq/product/explanation/monitor-faq-k-00023.html

SW271 HDR mode follows the standard HDR settings. Therefore, most of its OSD options cannot be configured after you enable both the monitor HDR mode and "HDR and WCG" in Windows 10.

So this appears to be part of the HDR spec.