Acer - One 10 - 10.1" model S1003-114M - "no boot device" intermittent failures

c_of_c
c_of_c Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

For the last month, my Acer One 10 10.1" tablet (purchased in February 2018), model S1003-114M, has been experiencing intermittent boot failures. I will be using it fine and shut it down. When I start it up again anywhere from hours to days later, sometimes it does not boot but fails with the "no boot device found" message, and prompts me to insert a boot disk or drops me into the bios. If I then try to shut it down and power on a couple of times I get the same failure. Then I leave it alone for day and start it, and it boots fine and will run fine for a few days before the cycle starts again.

Has anyone else experienced this or might this be a known issue? It has been rock solid until a month ago, and it has not been dropped or misused. In fact, I use it lightly, maybe 3-4 days a week for a couple of hours at a time. I have made a recovery disk, but was wondering if there was any other diagnostic I should try, or (since I think it is still under warranty) send it in to be checked out.

Answers

• c_of_c 
    Please try the below mentioned steps to check the issue.
    Open the the BIOS Utility, press the F2 or Esc key when the tablet was powered on by pressing the power button, you will see three option Main, Boot & Exit.Go to "boot menu" and disable the Quick Boot. This allows BIOS to do certain tests while booting. This will decrease the time needed to boot the system. You can disable it later by performing the same steps.
    Also, disable fast boot in window. You could also try disabling Fast Startup, go to Power Options, click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, then untick Fast startup and see whether it fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, you may contact Acer support in your region and send in the device for warranty service.
    Acer United States Support :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact 
    Acer Worldwide Support : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • shiyasva2009
    shiyasva2009 Member Posts: 3 New User
    ** UEFI:NTFS (ia32) **

[INFO] Boot disk: PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1D,0x7)/Usb(0x4,0x0)

[INFO] Disconnecting possible blocking divers

[INFO] Starting NTFS driver

[INFO] Started driver: efifs NTFS driver v1.0 (GRUB 2.0)

[INFO] Locating the first NTFS partition on the boot device

[INFO] Checking if partition needs the NTFS service

[INFO] Starting NTFS partition service

[INFO] Looking for NTFS EFI Loader

[FAIL] Could not locate '\EFI\Boot\bootia32.efi': [14] Not Found

Press any key to exit.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Sounds like your boot disk is having issues. You should still be under warranty and I'd suggest contacting Acer support for warranty repair. They will likely replace the SSD which requires a motherboard replacement, so back everything up first before sending it in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.