Aspire 4743Z-4861 Safe Mode

lpietri
lpietri Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
How can I log in safe mode in myAspire 4743Z-4861 model MS2332? I have windows 10, I am getting the following error every time I turn on the computer: Stop Code: Unmountable Boot Volume.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    lpietri 
    The "Unmountable Boot Volume" error message occurs due to a variety of reasons.
    Since you've mentioned that you can't reach your lock screen to be able to log in and proceed to troubleshoot your PC, let's create an installation media and perform some troubleshooting steps using that tool.
    You can download the installation media tool from this link. Don't worry as the steps on how to download it can be found on the link.After successfully downloading it, you can proceed to these troubleshooting methods. Make sure that you start your PC using the installation media.
    >>Method 1 - Perform a Chkdsk.
    Select the Repair your computer option found at the lower-left corner once you start your PC using the installation media.
    Choose Command Prompt.
    Type chkdsk /r c:, then press the Enter key from the keyboard. Note: Replace c: to the bootable drive letter you're using if it's other than c:.
    Select Y for Yes if you were asked regarding checking the disk the next time the system restarts.
    Reboot your PC. Let's keep our patience here as the chkdsk can take quiet some time.

>>Method 2 - Repair Master Boot Record.
    Select the Repair your computer option found at the lower-left corner once you start your PC using the installation media.
    Choose Command Prompt.
    Type bootrec /fixboot, then press the Enter key from the keyboard.
    Reboot your PC. Your patience is also needed here.

>>Method 3 - Automatic Repair
    Choose Troubleshoot, then Advanced options.
    Select Automatic repair, then Next.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The last time I saw that error it was due to a corrupted USB flash drive inserted with the BIOS set to boot from USB first. Pulling the flash drive fixed it. ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.