Acer Aspire Switch SW5-015 web camera no longer working

Gorlee
Gorlee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire Switch SW5-015. My web camera is called Camera Sensor OV2722. In Device Manager mt device status says, "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE." I've tried a combination of uninstalling, reinstalling the driver, and restarting my computer. I've tried to look for my web cam driver from third-party sources, but my anti-virus always recognizes them as a threat so I don't bother anymore. Nothing has worked so far. In Windows Defender Security Center I've, been able to troubleshoot my web camera and it's been able to fix the issue after restarting. But now it can no longer fix the issue whenever I troubleshoot. I'm not sure what I should do next. I'm on Windows 10 version 1803 and my OS Build is 17134.254.

Answers

• RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Gorlee said:
    I have an Acer Aspire Switch SW5-015. My web camera is called Camera Sensor OV2722. In Device Manager mt device status says, "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE." I've tried a combination of uninstalling, reinstalling the driver, and restarting my computer. I've tried to look for my web cam driver from third-party sources, but my anti-virus always recognizes them as a threat so I don't bother anymore. Nothing has worked so far. In Windows Defender Security Center I've, been able to troubleshoot my web camera and it's been able to fix the issue after restarting. But now it can no longer fix the issue whenever I troubleshoot. I'm not sure what I should do next. I'm on Windows 10 version 1803 and my OS Build is 17134.254.
    Gorlee,

Since you have mentioned that you have already tried with drivers uninstalling and reinstalling. May i know whether the pc came with win 10 or you have upgraded it. Another possibility is that the device was not designed to work with the particular version of Windows that you are using. 
    Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :) 
  • Gorlee
    Gorlee Member Posts: 4 New User
    RaoR said:
    Gorlee said:
    Gorlee,

Since you have mentioned that you have already tried with drivers uninstalling and reinstalling. May i know whether the pc came with win 10 or you have upgraded it. Another possibility is that the device was not designed to work with the particular version of Windows that you are using. 
    I honestly do not remember if the PC came with Windows 10. I updated it throughout Windows Update many times but I know my PC supports Windows 10 since the Acer support page for my product lists drivers for Windows 10 32-Bit and Windows 8.1 32-bit. I may have gotten it when it was Windows 8.1.

I’ve had my netbook for two years and this issue only started happening within the last two to three months or so. I’ve heard that Windows 10 updates have cause a bunch of webcams to malfunction. So I wonder if these updates has caused the issue. I’ve also done a full recovery of my PC and the issue still persists so I’m assuming that this is a hardware problem, not a software one.
  • RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Gorlee said:
    RaoR said:
    Gorlee said:
    Gorlee,

I honestly do not remember if the PC came with Windows 10. I updated it throughout Windows Update many times but I know my PC supports Windows 10 since the Acer support page for my product lists drivers for Windows 10 32-Bit and Windows 8.1 32-bit. I may have gotten it when it was Windows 8.1.

I’ve had my netbook for two years and this issue only started happening within the last two to three months or so. I’ve heard that Windows 10 updates have cause a bunch of webcams to malfunction. So I wonder if these updates has caused the issue. I’ve also done a full recovery of my PC and the issue still persists so I’m assuming that this is a hardware problem, not a software one.
    Gorlee,

Please contact the Acer repair center in your region and send the pc for repair.
    Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :) 
  • Waawe
    Waawe Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I got the same issue after upgrading to WIN10. Haven't been able to sort it out.