G3-571-77QK freezing while playing fortnite.

RaidenSoloh
RaidenSoloh Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
About two weeks ago it started freezing up when only playing fortnite. League of Legends and other games are fine. Fried graphics card? Not my picture but exact same thing. Now it's starting to act up if the laptop is shifted into a different position, if your palm rests too hard on it or pushes down. I have a video but cant get it to upload cause of format. 

Best Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Sounds like your edp wire connection is loose.

Send to Acer or open up and check it out yourself. (Can upset warranty depending on location and skill level)
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    EDP wire/cable: The EDP cable is used to connect the LCD Panel to the motherboard on the EDP socket (Embedded Display Port).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• sri369
    Upload the video to youtube and share link, one possible option.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓

Send to Acer or open up and check it out yourself. (Can upset warranty depending on location and skill level)
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Answer ✓
    EDP wire/cable: The EDP cable is used to connect the LCD Panel to the motherboard on the EDP socket (Embedded Display Port).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • RaidenSoloh
    I have planned to send to acer. Just really was hoping I could figure it out before that. Definitely seemed like some type of connection issue, seeing as it does it when moved around. Also, I popped the back off, cleaned my fans and yah I noticed a chip with a wire/band attached that ran underneath the battery to the motherboard. The chip type piece itself was loose/moving freely. Made it snug but I'm sure it needs something to hold it in place. Maybe the plastic brackets broke? Is that for sure my problem? Any fixes I might be capable of doing myself so I wont have to send it in? Thank you for the replies. 
  • RaidenSoloh
    sri369 said:
    Red-Sand said:

So here are some pics. It's supposed to sit in those little brackets and the hole in the chip seems like it's supposed to sit down on a little cross type plastic piece. Not sure if something may have broken off to hold it in place or what. 
  • sri369

So here are some pics. It's supposed to sit in those little brackets and the hole in the chip seems like it's supposed to sit down on a little cross type plastic piece. Not sure if something may have broken off to hold it in place or what. 
    Personally I would recommend taking to Acer center while you still have warranty.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • I second warranty.

If you have a warranty why risk losing it, just send it in for repair bro.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Thats the Hall Sensor Board. it detects whether the laptop lid is closed or open.

attach it properly in its bracket and connect the white flat cable by pushing it in the socket and lock it properly.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • RaidenSoloh
    Okay. I will. I just have heard alot of times people send it in and it still has issues. I wonder if they'll only replace/fix or if they'd replace with a new/refurbished.