My FPS dropped

Jwwbilly
Jwwbilly Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Usually when i play games i get 60-61 Fps locked, but starting the other day I only get 10-25 FPS. I don't have any problems with heating or anything. I honestly have no idea what happen, any ideas?
System is:
Acer Nitro AN515-53
Processor: Intel Core I5-8300 @2.30GHz
With GTX 1050

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Search control panel for "restore point" . Click create restore point. System restore. Check for an automatic Win10update restore point with a date stamp starting the other day. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Jwwbilly 
    1. Do a fresh install of latest drivers. Try using the Nvidia custom install option, which allows you to do a clean install (remove old drivers and profiles).
    2. Restore all settings to the Nvidia control panel to default, and all in game settings to low. Making sure that in whatever game you play you turn of things like Anti-aliasing (AA) Anistropic Filtering (AF) , Post processing, motion blur, and anything else that's gonna hog resources, and impact FPS.
    3. If neither of those work, consider backing up your data, and re-installing windows. Given the kind of problems you have it's possible windows has become corrupt, and a fresh install, with clean driver installations may help get the responsiveness come back.

Hit Like if its Helpful
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Jwwbilly

The problem may be is you may not even be using the GTX 1050. Intel CPU's have an integrated graphics card which is barely capable of running windows. This is the active graphics card by default in laptops. Right click any blank space on desktop and open "NVIDIA Control Panel." Under "Manage 3D Settings," make sure to select your GTX 1050 instead of HDxxxx for the "Preferred graphics processor." This option should be at the top in the Global Settings tab. While in that tab, also select maximum performance in the power management and texture filtering quality settings.