Acer Predator G3-605

Barzini
Barzini Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hi everyone,

I've owned this desktop for a long time now and the graphics card, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 2GB is a bit dated now.
It is currently using an Intel Core i7 processor 4770, 12 GB RAM.

My question is if a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC), 06G-P4-6163-KR will be compatible with this computer. Alternative suggestions are welcome as well!

Regards,

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,495 Pathfinder
    Hi.

If it is compatible, you will also have to upgrade the PSU to 500W.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • Barzini
    May I know what is the exact power that the Predator G3-605 makes use of? I'd like to find a graphics card that does not need me to swap anything else out.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    It depends on the SKU, but most of them have 300W supplies. You would want 500W for that card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Barzini
    Hey billsey, thanks for the answer! How can I identify the power supply without taking apart the computer?
  • billsey
    There should be a label on it that's accessible by taking the side cover off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Barzini
    Hi, for the Acer Predator G3-605, what is the mounting standard for it?
  • billsey
    The power supply is a standard ATX style and uses those same four screws for mounting.