Why i can't run any game? Triton 700

Options
Guayaba
Guayaba Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello guys,
I just bought this laptop 2 months ago and it was working without any problems.
And now i can't run any 3d game like overwatch or fortnite, and i tryed everything to fix it, reinstalling windows, reinstalling graphics drivers, using old nvidia drivers, updating the bios, updating intel graphics, now i have no idea what can it be.

Fur mark runs without problems btw.

Specs
i7 7700hq
16gb ram
gtx 1060
240gb ssd 

Windows Home Single language 1803

Thanks!

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Options
    Run in fullscreen windowed mode and see if it lets you play it that way.

You can change it via program list in nvidia control panel and set control panel to *not* let 3d application decide (where the spinning nvidia icon is)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Run in fullscreen windowed mode and see if it lets you play it that way.

You can change it via program list in nvidia control panel and set control panel to *not* let 3d application decide (where the spinning nvidia icon is)
    I did that and still the same error. :C

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Is it an error or the game isn't showing up? (Blank screen)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Is it an error or the game isn't showing up? (Blank screen)
    I open the game, it opens, but when it loads something 3d based like the fortnite characters in the menu screen, or in the case of overwatch the main screen with characters it just crashes
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    There can be a few reasons that happens.

Are you using a custom resolution or overclocking your screen?

Are you using an on screen display such as MSI Afterburner?

Any other programs/tweaks running?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm using native resolution, i'm not overclocking the screen, literaly the only apps that i have installed are:
    Overwatch
    Fortnite
    Adobe Photoshop
    GeForce Experiencie
    All the acer included drivers and software.
    I deactivated windows dvr
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Try enabling "experimental features" in Geforce Experience and reboot your laptop twice and test again
    - Hotel Hero
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    I did activate that feature and still same error. :cold_sweat:
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Did you reboot twice? Sometimes its more.
    May sound silly but its fixed many issues before, mine included.

If it doesnt work then go back to Acer's VGA driver. Acer uses custom hardware so their drivers work best.
    You can get it from:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    - Hotel Hero
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    I reinstalled the acer's VGA drivers and activated the geforce experience function, and reboot more than 4 times, still can't play any game.

• Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    And also i discoverd something new, when in Fur mark i activate the antialising option it inmediatly crashes, It's really a software issue, o it's a hardware issue?
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Update; when i disconect the power cable and activate the battery boost in geforce experience, i can run overwatch for  a few seconds, and then it crashes, when i conect the power cable it just don't even load anything 3d related.
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Try reinstalling your Nvidia GPU driver - But when installing choose "Custom installation" then choose "Perform Clean Install" to clear any old settings.
    It could be a glitched setting conflicting with your games settings.

After the fresh install -> reboot -> leave Nvidia control panel alone at default settings and try game(s).
    - Hotel Hero
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Just did all of that and still not running, im testing in overwatch and fortnite, no start on both of them, maybe it's a problem with windows, im getting out of ideas.
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Guayaba said:
    Just did all of that and still not running, im testing in overwatch and fortnite, no start on both of them, maybe it's a problem with windows, im getting out of ideas.

Hmmmm... windows has been causing some major headaches for all my systems after that last update.. so it probably is.

Try this:
    Find the game's exe file and right click > properties > disable fullscreen optimizations (I forget which tab)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Skree
    Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have followed this topic... but now i have to ask. Couldn't it be some hardware issue? If i am not mistaken (sorry if i am) the 1060 variant of the triton 700 doesn't have a g-sync monitor, so it switches beetween integrated and discrete graphical chip...

If this is it, the machine could run fine when running on the intel gpu, but as soon as he starts a game the hardware issues of the 1060 dedicated graphic kick in.

After all you've done and tested, i would look in this direction, perhaps using nvidia drivers to make it so that a game that crashes uses the integrated chip, it should run (although slowly), and then trying again to run it on the dedicated chipset, nad that should trigger again a crash.
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Guayaba said:

Hmmmm... windows has been causing some major headaches for all my systems after that last update.. so it probably is.

Try this:
    Find the game's exe file and right click > properties > disable fullscreen optimizations (I forget which tab)
    Not working so far using that option, maybe it is windows or it's a mayor hardware issue.
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Skree said:
    I have followed this topic... but now i have to ask. Couldn't it be some hardware issue? If i am not mistaken (sorry if i am) the 1060 variant of the triton 700 doesn't have a g-sync monitor, so it switches beetween integrated and discrete graphical chip...

If this is it, the machine could run fine when running on the intel gpu, but as soon as he starts a game the hardware issues of the 1060 dedicated graphic kick in.

After all you've done and tested, i would look in this direction, perhaps using nvidia drivers to make it so that a game that crashes uses the integrated chip, it should run (although slowly), and then trying again to run it on the dedicated chipset, nad that should trigger again a crash.
    At this point, i think it can be a hardware issue, and yes, the 1060 variant dosen't have the g-sync monitor.

I tried  to change the nvidia panel options to just use the dedicated gpu but the problem persists.

When this happend i was playing csgo,like 5 days ago, and then in the middle of a round it just crashed, and i then i never be able to open the game again, it just crashes, and now i'm unable to open any game.
  • Skree
    Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    CS GO should run decently even on the integrated intel chip... but it is strange that it crashes the same way as if you use the dedicated card.

What i mean is: if the issue is related to the 1060 its unlikely that the intel integrated card is as well damaged. Very unlikely.

My reasoning is this:

If you format the computer and use a fresh installation and the issue persists with stock software... any issue is likely due to faulty hardware (or faulty updates).

What i would suggest you to do is this:

1)Check to be sure that CS GO runs on the intel graphic card, then try to run it.

2)If it crashes, try to disable the intel card entirely from device manager, your computer should then run entirely on the 1060. Sometimes you can disable the intel card directly from bios (i could do so in some alienware laptops i owned), but unfortunately i can't be sure for your model.

3)After disabling the integrated card, one of two things should happen: 
    -Everything works fine because the issue is with the intel chip
    -Your computer will immediately crash as soon as you disable the intel chip (if this happens you will have to try to boot in safe mode or reinstall the OS again)

I hope the first one.

Of course if you want you can wait for red-sand, this is just what i would try to do in your place. In truth... i would call acer support to do a repair at this point, but again, maybe red-sand has some other ideas you can check.
  • Guayaba

Tinkerer

Options
    Skree said:
    CS GO should run decently even on the integrated intel chip... but it is strange that it crashes the same way as if you use the dedicated card.

What i mean is: if the issue is related to the 1060 its unlikely that the intel integrated card is as well damaged. Very unlikely.

My reasoning is this:

If you format the computer and use a fresh installation and the issue persists with stock software... any issue is likely due to faulty hardware (or faulty updates).

What i would suggest you to do is this:

1)Check to be sure that CS GO runs on the intel graphic card, then try to run it.

2)If it crashes, try to disable the intel card entirely from device manager, your computer should then run entirely on the 1060. Sometimes you can disable the intel card directly from bios (i could do so in some alienware laptops i owned), but unfortunately i can't be sure for your model.

3)After disabling the integrated card, one of two things should happen: 
    -Everything works fine because the issue is with the intel chip
    -Your computer will immediately crash as soon as you disable the intel chip (if this happens you will have to try to boot in safe mode or reinstall the OS again)

I hope the first one.

Of course if you want you can wait for red-sand, this is just what i would try to do in your place. In truth... i would call acer support to do a repair at this point, but again, maybe red-sand has some other ideas you can check.
    I think i will go with the support option, at this point i also think is a hardware related problem, so i will call support tomorrow and tell them the problem, i want to thank you and red-sand for all the time and patience given to my problem.