How can I install windows 10 if my model doesn`t have Legacy mode?

Options
Illum1nat
Illum1nat Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-52-54EF but I have no option to switch boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, so my notebook can`t see my usb with windows. And my notebook has preinstalled Linpus Linux LiveCD edition v9.3 so I have no idea how to use it. So I really need some help in understanding how to install windows or I will have to give it back.

Best Answer

• Illum1nat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for youir replies but unfortunatly nothing helped. The only solution I found is to change bios system to older one. The latest version released (which I have) doesn`t support legacy mode, also it is pretty useless caus it also doesnt work with simple usb in any format. So there is no options to fix it myself withought knowledge how to change bios version

Answers

• Illum1nat
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply but unfortunatly it doesn`t solve my problem. "Change the boot order in your UEFI system:" This step cant be made on my notebook because even with usb inside it it still offers only linux.
  • Illum1nat
    Options
    Here is the pictures what I have on my notebook.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    Please wait for someone else to help you, I am not familiar with Linux systems.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check if this helps:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Illum1nat
    Options
    Hello, thanks for reply too. I tried to follow the steps from this tutorial but the problem is the same. I can`t follow step 4, because system can see only linux in boot menu. My usb is ok, I checked it on y other windows notebook. So the problem still same, don`t know what to do :(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Right! Try the following: When you turn on the notebook, press the f2 key; go to the main section and enable the f12 boot menu feature; press f10 to save on exit! Now plug in the pendrive and keep pressing f12 when turning on the notebook and see if the pendrive is visible!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Please enable the BIOs password option to unlock setting to Legacy for linux installation. (I believe it's "supervisor" password in BIOs "security" tab.)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Illum1nat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for youir replies but unfortunatly nothing helped. The only solution I found is to change bios system to older one. The latest version released (which I have) doesn`t support legacy mode, also it is pretty useless caus it also doesnt work with simple usb in any format. So there is no options to fix it myself withought knowledge how to change bios version
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Were you able to downgrade the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• golikov
    golikov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello! the same situation, did you decide that? if yes how?
  • golikov
    golikov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    figured out, you need to create a bootable USB flash drive in GPT mode for UEFI
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @golikovYes, it is necessary to convert the pendrive to gpt and format it in fat32! Were you able to install windows 10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Use Rufus tool to create Windows 10 installation media in USB. After doing this, set Super viser Password in BIOS and then disable Secure Boot. No need to change boot mode.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    If you need help in creating such media, I can give you a link to a post to do that.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • pikaso024924
    pikaso024924 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Have you found any solution? Illum1nat
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Get a windows 10 image and as @XdxD stated  use rufus to burn it to a usb drive (8gb or 16 only larger might not be supported to boot) using uefi/gpt mode  and thats it then boot from the usb drive to install theres no need to install it in legacy mode uefi gpt mode is the way to go legacy mode its only needed for win7 as it doesnt support uefi

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Legacy mode is for MBR based hard disks as boot disks (for older OSes like Windows 7). All new OSes support GPT boot disks, so does windows 10.
    Your USB is not GPT based and this perhaps why your system cannot see it.
    One more thing you can try is disabling secure boot and then checking if your USB can be recognized.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045