Error when trying to restore Iconia w4-820

Options
Nautanick1983
Nautanick1983 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hi, everyone.
I'm trying to restore my friend's Iconia w4-820, usingUSB  recovery media purchased from Acer.
Unfortunately, I'm getting an error and can't figure out how to solve it.
Attached is a screenshot of the error.
The tablet is long since out of warranty, so I don't know if Acer support would even do anything.
Is there anything I can do to get the tablet up and running without having to pay a small fortune? Again, the media I'm using was purchased directly from the Acer store.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

edit: I can't seem to attach the file, but the error message says: Restore Failed - Cannot find image path M:\RecoveryImage\install.wim

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @Nautanick1983,

Where did you buy the recovery media. If its from the acer store then they can assist you on this with in 7days i guess. 
    Also try the below steps. 
    Press Power button. (Now the tablet is powered off.) Next, press Volume Up button and hold it until you get the boot select menu. On the next screen, under UEFI options, use Volume Up/Down to choose the device you want to boot from or touch on it to make it selected.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Nautanick1983
    Nautanick1983 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Christy,

As I indicated above, the recovery media that we're using is directly from the Acer store in Canada, and I originally got it about two years ago. I have followed the suggestions that you made above multiple times, and it's the above error: Restore Failed - Cannot find image path M:\RecoveryImage\install.wim. I have managed to resize the file and it's below. If you or anyone else has anything to suggest, it would be greatly appreciated.