All tablet functions stopped

ricks901
ricks901 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, have sw5-012 and worked fine. 2 days ago noticed no battery icon in tray, sound has stopped working and can not even see an entry for it in device manager, touch screen no longer works and the system does not see the sd card in the sd slot as a drive.
There was no known update before hand that I am aware of.
I am guessing this is some driver issue, or lack of drivers but tried installing the audio driver again and nothing.
Any help appreciated.

Best Answer

• ricks901
    Answer ✓
    Sorted, I run the platform drivers install a few times which was fixing things during install but bombing out at the end and rolling back. For some reason it just worked and all is fine.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,737 Pathfinder
    BIOS default: power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ricks901
    Answer ✓
    Sorted, I run the platform drivers install a few times which was fixing things during install but bombing out at the end and rolling back. For some reason it just worked and all is fine.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,737 Pathfinder
    @Ricks
    Nice to know you have fixed the issue:)  Was about to say to do a roll back on the drivers next. Happy its working now.