Acer Nitro 515-51 Keyboard not working

Options
Asimerito
Asimerito Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Keyboard power button is working, hence, I can turn on or off the laptop from that key. Keyboard light turns on, but never turns off. It should turns off after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    Try power drain and BIOS default
    power drain: Shut down the unit and unplug the charger. flip your laptop, and the back of your laptopyou can find a pin hole. Pu a paperclip in the pinhole and press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds. After you done with power drain do BIOS DEFAULT.

BIOS Default: As soon as you press the power button keep pressing the F2 key, so that it will take you to BIOS utility page. Now press F9 and press enter than press f10 and press enter. your unit will restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Asimerito,
    I think the unit goes to hibernate or sleep mode and so the light on the keyboard is up always. Try to press and hold the power button for 3-5 sec and your unit will turn off or  tap the windows key and shutdown in the power options. hope this will work. 

Related image
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Asimerito
    Asimerito Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    Try power drain and BIOS default
    power drain: Shut down the unit and unplug the charger. flip your laptop, and the back of your laptopyou can find a pin hole. Pu a paperclip in the pinhole and press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds. After you done with power drain do BIOS DEFAULT.

BIOS Default: As soon as you press the power button keep pressing the F2 key, so that it will take you to BIOS utility page. Now press F9 and press enter than press f10 and press enter. your unit will restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    I can not join in the BIOS