Acer: TC-885-EB11 - compatible graphics card

sidhu129
sidhu129 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I recently bought a Acer: TC-885-EB11 dekstop with intel i5 - 8400 cpu & 300 watt PSU. just wondering what graphics card are compatible with this system, and also can i upgrade the PSU if required?

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sidhu129

Tinkerer

@TECH_MAN Heya, Thanks but that doesnt help, its just link to the product page, i am just wondering if i can install GTX 1070 on the existing case and psu
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    I do see that you unit have a  
    Expansion Options The motherboard comes with the following expansion options:
     One PCI Express x16 slot for Graphic Interface
     One PCI Express x1 slot  One M.2 (2242/2280) for PCIe SSD and Intel Optane memory
    so try to get quality 500w psu to run a GTX1070.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
  • sidhu129

Tinkerer

@Jack22 the motherboard hasthe PCI slot super close to the RAM, i dont think i can fit a 1070into it.

Will try fitting the 1060 single fan.
    I think i will just sell this and rebuild a new one lol
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The graphics card will overhang the other side of the slot, likely making it so you can't use the x1 slot. It shouldn't interfere with the memory slots.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sidhu129

Tinkerer

Thank you everyone, i was able to install evga gtx 1070 & a 500 watt power supply.

Thanks for the help.
  • Zotac1070ti
    Zotac1070ti Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same.computer, I upgraded my psu to 650 and installed a 1070ti but my bios doesnt even have a pci option. I've spent hours trying to get my motherboard to acknowledge I plugged in a graphics card
  • pariah2707
    pariah2707 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am looking into buying this PC and upgrade it with some existing components. Would a 267cm (10.5in) graphics card fit?
  • Disdasdefa
    Disdasdefa Member Posts: 3 New User
    I was wondering how to take out the power supply to replace it. I removed the four screws in the back, but it still seems stuck in. Any help would be appreciated.
  • billsey
    Yeah, you should be able to slide it a bit forward to allow it to clear. Is there anything blocking that front edge?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Disdasdefa
    edited January 2019
    billsey said:
    Yeah, you should be able to slide it a bit forward to allow it to clear. Is there anything blocking that front edge?
    I've tried but it feels like something is holding it back on the side that doesn't open. There was a rubber block at the top, I removed that and it felt like there was a slow that held it back below the power supply, which I also disconnected it from.
  • billsey
    Is the wire bundle up against something? It shouldn't be that hard to get out.
  • Disdasdefa
    The wire isn't held back by anything. It's the actual unit that is stuck to something that I can't see. I was trying to replace the power supply for a friend, but it didn't seem to budge much. I was really confused as to why it was happening.
  • BoiiiGod
    BoiiiGod Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can I install a rtx 2060 dual fan or will it not work?     Btw I just won a game of pubg.
  • HairyLegsOfDoom
    HairyLegsOfDoom Member Posts: 1 New User
    i cant seem to find a way to make the bios recognize my 1070 or change any display settings in the bios
  • Max0l0
    Max0l0 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I was wondering how to take out the power supply to replace it. I removed the four screws in the back, but it still seems stuck in. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hey, budd. I had the same issue but apparently I was dumb enough to damage the case to take it out while there was an easier way
    There is a piece of the mother board that has a place for you to push it down in order to make a pathway for  the motherboard to move out of its way. It is right beside where the cables are coming out, just push it inside and use your other hand to pull the motherboard out. (sorry for the bad explanations my English is not the best when I want to talk in advanced.)
  • Max0l0

Tinkerer

i cant seem to find a way to make the bios recognize my 1070 or change any display settings in the bio
    Not too sure if I am right but maybe the motherboard is old enough that it simply doesn't support a gtx 1070 or something like that (Because I think it is straight out of 2006. At least mine has a sticker on it that says it was manufactured in 2006)
  • Max0l0

Tinkerer

i cant seem to find a way to make the bios recognize my 1070 or change any display settings in the bios
    Does the fans spin?
  • Max0l0

Tinkerer

sidhu129 said:
    @TECH_MAN Heya, Thanks but that doesnt help, its just link to the product page, i am just wondering if i can install GTX 1070 on the existing case and psu
    By no means I am a professional but maybe its best to search the motherboard on the internet to see what type of a port does it have. Then simply go to PCPARTPICKER and search for graphics cards with the same port
  • eolimtiaz
    eolimtiaz Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi Every one Can some one help me Please really Struck i have Acer Q77H"-AD Motherboard it work fine without Graphic Card AS Soon As i put the GT 710 "GB Card inside and struck on Acer Long do nothing,But without card work fine i update the Its BIOS P11.A1 to P11.A2 but still same i try to Update the BIOS P11.A3 but its give me error same File size is not same can some one please help me