Memory Uprade - aspire 5733Z

HmpMukesh
HmpMukesh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i have acer aspire 5733Z so how much maximum ram memory i can upgrade on each slot?

//Edited the content to add model name.​

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓

8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600

• HmpMukesh
    2+8 possible or not?
  • Jack22
    There are 2 slot which can have 4GB RAM each
    you cannot have 8GB RAM in each slot

• RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    HmpMukesh said:
    i have acer aspire 5733Z so how much maximum ram memory i can upgrade on each slot?
    HmpMukesh,

You can visit www.crucial.com and Run scanner tool to find compatible SSD & DRAM upgrades. you will find info on how many slots are there in the motherboard, how much each slots can carry and what type of RAM is needed. It gives you exact compatible memory upgrades. 

**hit like and accept the answer if it helps!!
    Regards,
    RR
    Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :) 
  • HmpMukesh
    is there any problem between 1.5v and 1.3v because currently in laptop i have 1.5v but ram which I'm going to buy is 1.3v and 
    www.crucial.com provided is also 1.3v.
  • RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    HmpMukesh said:
    is there any problem between 1.5v and 1.3v because currently in laptop i have 1.5v but ram which I'm going to buy is 1.3v and 
    www.crucial.com provided is also 1.3v.
    HmpMukesh,

As DRAM manufacturers shrink their dies and/or increase their yields of DDR3L, they soon reach a point where the majority of their DRAM output becomes DDR3L or dual-voltage, handling 1.5V or 1.35V voltages.

DDR3L (low-voltage DDR3) is just an "extension" of the DDR3 standard, so companies has to be aware that plugging a module will default to 1.5V on most systems. At 1.5V, the worst that will happen will be a waste of electricity/battery.

RAM modules contain pre-defined configurations (SPD, XMP, etc.) but the default one is often safer value that will work on as many systems as possible. For compatibility purposes, that setting might not be factory-set to 1.35V, but 1.5V instead. The default timings can also be different and slower from the ones indicated on your module package 

For this reason, there's no chance it will overclock by itself even if it's running at a higher voltage (unless your current BIOS settings are manually set to run at specific speeds higher than your new modules would support - if so, reset your memory settings to AUTO before installing them).

If your RAM contains a XMP profile, try that as it can be factory set to 1.35 and all ideal settings - but you still have to select it manually in the BIOS.

It's still always a good idea after installing RAM to go in the BIOS and verify/adjust the settings to ensure they match the module packages and perform optimally.

The dual-voltage module will run only run at 1.35V if your specific system supports that voltage, otherwise the memory will run at 1.5V.

Regards,

RR

Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :) 
  • Yayee15
    Yayee15 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have an Aspire V3 471g that I wish to upgrade.
    I was thinking about whether I should buy a second 8GB DDR3L.
    Or is it possible to use DDR4L and change the voltage to it's recommended value?
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Yayee15

You may want to start your own thread by clicking Ask a Question on the upper right hand corner of this page, as your PC is different from the person who started this thread.

I always advice upgrading RAM to the spec of the  original one. Using DDR4 RAM to a PC using DDR3L just will not work.