how to upgrade ssd M2 for E5-576G ?

hungQuan
hungQuan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi. My laptop is E5-576G-54JQ, I found a ssd M2 slot on the main board. But I do not know if it can run the NVMe protocol ? 
Please help

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Install HWINFO64, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Port and look for Maximum Link width, if it's 2x, you can use a NVMe SSD
  • Jack22
  • hungQuan
    hungQuan Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2018
    Jack22 said:
    Thank you
    I checked the laptop with HWinfo64, and saw a PCI Express x 2 drum with a maximum link witdh 2x. So I can upgrade the SSD M2 with NVMe right.

Why when I asked the Acer Vietnam staff, they told me that my laptop has an M2 PCIe slot but only supports the AHCI protocol, not NVMe.

• dangyeu
    dangyeu Member Posts: 2 New User
    hungQuan said:
    Jack22 said:
    Thank you
    I checked the laptop with HWinfo64, and saw a PCI Express x 2 drum with a maximum link witdh 2x. So I can upgrade the SSD M2 with NVMe right.

Why when I asked the Acer Vietnam staff, they told me that my laptop has an M2 PCIe slot but only supports the AHCI protocol, not NVMe.

Me too, Finally your laptop uses SATA or NVMe?