Helio 300 Has anyone hooked up 2 external monitors? Possible Docking station?

sendit
sendit Member Posts: 6 New User
I'm wanting to hook my laptop up to  2 external monitors and keep my laptop screen closed.   I'm curious if anyone has use the USB  to run monitor or if this is even possible?

Does the Helio 300 have docking station yet?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    You cannot connect Docking station to Helios 300 since it does not have thunderbolt.
    The Predator Helios 300 USB Type-C port only provides support for data connections. It is not possible to connect an external monitor to this port. You will need to use the HDMI port for connecting an external display.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sendit
    sendit Member Posts: 6 New User
    Jack22 said:
    You cannot connect Docking station to Helios 300 since it does not have thunderbolt.
    The Predator Helios 300 USB Type-C port only provides support for data connections. It is not possible to connect an external monitor to this port. You will need to use the HDMI port for connecting an external display.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Well that blows.    Going back and forth between 15" and 24" monitor is going to suck
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    There is a way to display via c port but for some reason you cant display via c port and hdmi at the same time.

Alternatively there are external ports via usb that work with dual screen but at the cost of latency.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sidyashwanth
    sidyashwanth Member Posts: 1 New User
    You can connect an external monitor via the USB C port but it only supports 1 external monitor at a time - meaning the moment you plug in another monitor on the hdmi port, the first one stops working. After trying everything in the book, I settled for having 1 screen on hdmi and the other screen cast using Miracast. Since the laptop and the screen are within 10ft from the router, there's no noticeable lag at all and everything works perfectly. The only problem is Miracast can be a bit temperamental at times. I wouldn't say it's ideal for gaming at all though. 
  • jayce_91
    jayce_91 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi @Jack22 just want to piggyback here as I have a Predator G3-571 (helios 300) and am encountering a similar issue. I have this docking station which is USB-C and I'm plugging it into my laptop's USB-C port. The USB connectors on the docking station are registering but not the HDMI. Based on your comment about thunderbolt above, does that mean there is not way to have a dual monitor setup connected to this laptop? I believe HDMI splitters don't allow for extended display only mirrored? Or is it a different type of docking station needed?