Upgrade/Replace HDD from Predator 15 G9

Skwarrell
Skwarrell Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi :) 
I have 2 questions about upgrading HDD fromage my G9, cause it start tout die yersterday ( Strange sound and 100% disk usage while gaming ) so i need to change.
1) Have you tips tout help me in my search, i saw the WD Black 1To or the HGST Travelstar 1To 
2) did i will lost my warranty if i replace it myself ? :) 
Thanks and sorry if i make english mistakes ( i'm french )  :)

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi Skwarrell, 

As far I know, Acer laptop does not come with casing warranty stickers. You may open the chasis of laptop & replace the HDD of your own. However, make sure that you do not damage any components in the laptop. If you have created Recovery media with Acer Recovery Management program, you can reload OS using that Recovery Media on the newly replaced HDD. 

I request you to please share the exact model of your laptop to provide more information about compatible HDD for replacement. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Skwarrell 
    Replacing the hard disk may affect your warranty if you wish to send in the device for warranty service with any other issue. The best option is to send in  the device for warranty service so that you will get a new replacement hard disk. Also, they will check for any other issues that caused the hard disk to fail. You will also get the windows operating system, driver and  other preinstalled application installed on your new hard disk.
    Acer France : https://www.acer.com/ac/fr/FR/content/service-contact
    Acer Worldwide :  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    The above comments are on point.
    If your still under warranty and they can replace the HDD thats the way to go.

The HDD in your system is a 7200rpm drive which is very good. (WD Black is too but free is free 😁)
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    you can upgrade the hdd but when you send it for a repair you have to send it with the orginal default specks of the unit.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi Skwarrell, 

As far I know, Acer laptop does not come with casing warranty stickers. You may open the chasis of laptop & replace the HDD of your own. However, make sure that you do not damage any components in the laptop. If you have created Recovery media with Acer Recovery Management program, you can reload OS using that Recovery Media on the newly replaced HDD. 

I request you to please share the exact model of your laptop to provide more information about compatible HDD for replacement. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Skwarrell 
    Replacing the hard disk may affect your warranty if you wish to send in the device for warranty service with any other issue. The best option is to send in  the device for warranty service so that you will get a new replacement hard disk. Also, they will check for any other issues that caused the hard disk to fail. You will also get the windows operating system, driver and  other preinstalled application installed on your new hard disk.
    Acer France : https://www.acer.com/ac/fr/FR/content/service-contact
    Acer Worldwide :  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    The above comments are on point.
    If your still under warranty and they can replace the HDD thats the way to go.

The HDD in your system is a 7200rpm drive which is very good. (WD Black is too but free is free 😁)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Skwarrell

Tinkerer

Thanks everyone to answered so fastly :) and i need my computer at school so don't get it for 7-14 days i think will be pretty difficult but i'm completely agree with you that send it tout acer will be free, and my computer is the G9 593 72YL :) 
  • Skwarrell

Tinkerer

And i get Windows on my SSD
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    i can see its a predator model and mostly for this type of unit you will have 2yrs warranty. call the warranty service to know the status and shipping label. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)