Acer 15 CB515-1HT-P39B Failure to connect Bluetooth and still received the failure message.

Ryan7402
Ryan7402 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2023 in Chromebooks
I have an Acer 15 CB515-1HT-P39B. When I first purchased the chromebook I could easily pair my bluetooth headphones. Recently I started receiving a failure to connect when trying to pair them. I checked the headphones by pairing them with my phone and had no issue. I turned the bluetooth off and on with both my chromebook and the headphones and still received the failure message. I also restarted the chromebook and still received the same message. I then did a power wash on the chromebook and the headphones once again paired with the chromebook up until recently when I started having the same failure message. How can I fix this without having to keep power washing?
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder

Fix Bluetooth problems

If you have trouble using a Bluetooth device with your Chromebook, try these steps:

• Check for system updates. If any updates are available, install them.
    • Turn Bluetooth off, then back on.
    • Turn your Chromebook off, then back on.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    1. Sign out of your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
    3. Click Restart.
    4. In the box that appears, click Powerwash and then Continue.
    5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
      Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
    6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Ryan7402
    Ryan7402 Member Posts: 2 New User
    These are great ideas and thank you for your suggestions but I have done all of these things already and while the power wash did work it only worked temporarily and then after awhile I started receiving the failure to connect again. I was just trying to see if there is a fix to keep from having to power wash every time I receive a failure to connect message?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If its working after the power wash and later its not working then its an issue on the update i guess. 
    1. To update Chrome OS, select the Status Tray.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select About Chrome OS.
    4. Select Check for and apply updates.
    5. Related image
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • plm82
    plm82 Member Posts: 1 New User

My bluetooth issues were just resolved with the very late chrome OS update. Better late than never.