ACER SWITCH 3 NO BACK LIGHT ON SCREEN

Davidbauerpurcell
Davidbauerpurcell Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi everyone; I bought my Acer switch 3 a year ago almost and last month my screen just turned black, I thought it wasn't working but actually all functions are working just fine but the light on the screen. It appears to be that I pressed a certain function or maybe it's a driver issue. How do I know? when I flash the screen with a certain light like my phone flashlight I can see the screen content. If anybody knows about this i would appreciate ideas. I'm overseas so taking the computer to service won't be an option for now. Cheers

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin 
    hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS 
    page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Try to turn the displays on and off with the Fn+F6 and/or Fn+F5 toggle key combinations.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Davidbauerpurcell
    Davidbauerpurcell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin 
    hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS 
    page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. 
    Cant find the pin hole, there's one next to the headphones jack  but doesn't seem to be the one tou mentions cause any pin just goes inside without pressing anything