graphics card is not performing?

Options
mehradzf
mehradzf Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
so i bought a acer nitro 5 an515 - 51 with 8 gigs ram no ssd and 4gb 1050 graphics. i used to get 90 fps on fortnite on high and 60 on epic settings. now when i play on medium and low it fluctuates from 1 fps to 30. i configured every setting on the control panel and also especially for fortnite. i also updated the driver to the latest. pls HELP! 

Answers

• Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi Mehradzf, 

If you had already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps like control panel & game settings, and also uninstalling & installing new drivers, then I would suggested to update the BIOS. 

As I was searching about this issue, I stumbled upon many users who had the issue and post updating to the newest BIOS version, then installing the drivers has resolved their issue. 

The latest version available on Acer support website is Version: 1.19 which was released on 2018/08/10
    Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7312?b=1

Though this would be the ultimate step to try, do check for other options and if none of them resolve the issue, go for the BIOS update. 

Please do let us know if this didn't help you resolve the issue. 
    Also, if the device is still under warranty check with Acer support in your region about the Graphic card issue and BIOS update.
  • mehradzf
    Options
    Hi Mehradzf, 

If you had already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps like control panel & game settings, and also uninstalling & installing new drivers, then I would suggested to update the BIOS. 

As I was searching about this issue, I stumbled upon many users who had the issue and post updating to the newest BIOS version, then installing the drivers has resolved their issue. 

The latest version available on Acer support website is Version: 1.19 which was released on 2018/08/10
    Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7312?b=1

Though this would be the ultimate step to try, do check for other options and if none of them resolve the issue, go for the BIOS update. 

Please do let us know if this didn't help you resolve the issue. 
    Also, if the device is still under warranty check with Acer support in your region about the Graphic card issue and BIOS update.
    i have also updated my bios to the latest but still the problem is occuring
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>i configured every setting on the control panel >>>

If all your power plan options are set to high or max  performance and the issue persists, search Control Panel for "restore point" and see if you can find a restore point with a date stamp around the time the fps started to drop. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mehradzf
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>i configured every setting on the control panel >>>

If all your power plan options are set to high or max  performance and the issue persists, search Control Panel for "restore point" and see if you can find a restore point with a date stamp around the time the fps started to drop. Jack E/NJ
    is that safe cause i dont want any data loss