M2 NVME SSD not detected by BIOS (Plextor SSD, Acer Predator 15 laptop, Windows 10)

Options
julius826
julius826 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've added this Plextor SSD drive to my Acer laptop, cloned my HDD on my SSD, and when I restart, BIOS shows it as: HDD0: Identify data not found

I still set my topmost boot priority as the SSD (HDD0) but my HDD still boots instead of my cloned SSD.
I tried setting BIOS to Legacy mode, and my SSD shows up correctly, but then it won't boot.
Anyone already had that problem? I spent the last 6 hours trying to make this work. I don't wanna give up on my NVME :( HELP!  

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    First Try doing BIOS Default

BIOS Default: As soon as you press the power button keep pressing the F2 key, so that it will take you to BIOS utility page. Now press F9 and press enter than press f10 and press enter. your unit will restart.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • julius826
    Options
    OK, will try that and see how it goes
  • julius826
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    First Try doing BIOS Default

BIOS Default: As soon as you press the power button keep pressing the F2 key, so that it will take you to BIOS utility page. Now press F9 and press enter than press f10 and press enter. your unit will restart.

Nope. Still unidentified. Still unable to boot from SSD.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    could you please share the size of the HDD and SSD
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • julius826
    Options
    HDD:1TB (but only 30++ GB is used, haven't installed other programs, just plain OS)
    SSD: 256GB
  • julius826
    Options
    I read about it being caused by Acer's RAID support instead of AHCI in the BIOS, and as much as I wanna search for solutions in changing RAID to AHCI, I don't wanna brick my laptop... (some people bricked their laptop after shifting)