Different specs, diff predator sense

Options
iamtib555
iamtib555 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just got my Predator Helios 300 G3-571 and i was too excited to double check the specs and assumed it was the same as i saw online. Apparently the one i got only has 4gbs of ram, an i5-7th gen core and no SSD. Its been running real slow and ive updated very single thing that needs to be updated and it still tends to lag. Now on the reviews online, i saw you can OC the core using predator sense but in mine theres no option for that. I paid $1300 for this and its really disappointing. Can anybody help me with the predator sense issue? I just want to OC my core so itll run a bit faster coz im gonna upgrade my ram anyway. Thanks

Best Answers

• Dinomite07
    Dinomite07 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no overclocking on the g3-571.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    iamtib555 said:
    I did have a Desktop before and had better specs than this for a low price but i needed the laptop since i move around to much. Im in the philippines thats why its expensive. The clock speed on the CPU is just disturbing but ssd and ram MAY be able to help with it right?
    That's correct. There is nothing you can do about the CPU speed. Try not to overclock either for that would kill battery faster. SSD and RAM upgrade would make for significant improvement too.
    One more thing you could try is limiting your FPS to 60. This too would help improve performance in games. And maybe turn off unwanted things in game that use more resources compared to the visual changes they do.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Dinomite07
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no overclocking on the g3-571.
  • iamtib555

Tinkerer

Options
    Alright. Thanks Dinomite07. Also the reason for my laggy unit is the specs itself so i do really need to upgrade it right?
  • Dinomite07
    Options
    iamtib555 said:
    Alright. Thanks Dinomite07. Also the reason for my laggy unit is the specs itself so i do really need to upgrade it right?
    4 gb of ram is slow will make most modern games slow. Where do you live? I got my g3-571 with 16 gb ram, i7, 1060 for $1100 in the US. You're better off getting a pc if prices are that high in your area and a cheap used laptop for portability.

• sri369
    Options
    @iamtib555
    Presumably your laptop outlived its life - its specs are on the low end for any modern games, even on low settings.

Two things I can suggest here- bump the RAM up to 16, and get an SSD... this should make it considerably faster even on an i5. You cannot upgrade the processor anyways.

If getting 16 GB is costly, get an 8 to add to the existing 4 to make it 12.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • iamtib555

Tinkerer

Options
    sri369 said:
    @iamtib555
    Presumably your laptop outlived its life - its specs are on the low end for any modern games, even on low settings.

Two things I can suggest here- bump the RAM up to 16, and get an SSD... this should make it considerably faster even on an i5. You cannot upgrade the processor anyways.

If getting 16 GB is costly, get an 8 to add to the existing 4 to make it 12.
    I am planning to get a 16GB would that be ok so it'll be bumped to 20gb. Also How would i know the brand of the stock ram coz i wanna make it the same brand coz ive read somewhere that same brands work better. Is that true?
  • iamtib555

Tinkerer

Options
    iamtib555 said:
    4 gb of ram is slow will make most modern games slow. Where do you live? I got my g3-571 with 16 gb ram, i7, 1060 for $1100 in the US. You're better off getting a pc if prices are that high in your area and a cheap used laptop for portability.

I did have a Desktop before and had better specs than this for a low price but i needed the laptop since i move around to much. Im in the philippines thats why its expensive. The clock speed on the CPU is just disturbing but ssd and ram MAY be able to help with it right?
  • sri369
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    iamtib555 said:
    That's correct. There is nothing you can do about the CPU speed. Try not to overclock either for that would kill battery faster. SSD and RAM upgrade would make for significant improvement too.
    One more thing you could try is limiting your FPS to 60. This too would help improve performance in games. And maybe turn off unwanted things in game that use more resources compared to the visual changes they do.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • iamtib555

Tinkerer

Options
    sri369 said:
    iamtib555 said:
    Alright thank you very much. One last thing. So as I said I was gonna upgrade to an SSD when I opened up the HD compartment at the back its already occupied, i thought thats where I put the ssd and the main boot-up drive is suppose to be on the inside right? Im not sure. I know theres an m.2 drive for the ssd but I thought if u dont have an ssd, that small HD compartment at the back should be unoccupied.
  • sri369
    edited September 2018
    Options
    iamtib555 said:
    Alright thank you very much. One last thing. So as I said I was gonna upgrade to an SSD when I opened up the HD compartment at the back its already occupied, i thought thats where I put the ssd and the main boot-up drive is suppose to be on the inside right? Im not sure. I know theres an m.2 drive for the ssd but I thought if u dont have an ssd, that small HD compartment at the back should be unoccupied.
    Open up device manager and check under disk drives... check if you already have more than one.
    If you already have an SSD, what is its size? Partition it, if its over 200, into 100 + rest. The 100 is enough for windows, and the second partition you keep for any intensive games. The hard disk (assuming the one you see is your second one) you can use for non intensive games and documents and such.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • iamtib555

Tinkerer

Options
    @sri369 Thank you so much. I just installed the m.2 SSD which cost me the warranty and a bloody nail so yeah, im transferring the OS to the SSD now.
  • sri369
    Options
    iamtib555 said:
    @sri369 Thank you so much. I just installed the m.2 SSD which cost me the warranty and a bloody nail so yeah, im transferring the OS to the SSD now.
    What size did you get it? If it is in the 200+ range, make a 100-120 GB partition for windows and rest into a different one for other things like games. This way, in future, should need arise to reset windows or reinstall windows, only windows would be gone and rest all still in place.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------